Wtf? Are You An Authorized Seller Or Not?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by texcon, Jul 28, 2004.

1. texcon

texcon Full Member

Some Customers are idiots though (not talking about you, I work inside a Differant Lowes Every Day and I meet all Kinds of Moron customers :p :p )

and True they should have told you to send it to them. Customers Sending products directly to Cadence was how I got cut off
    [post=20724]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I think you and I agreed but were on the wrong wavelength. People like you who want to get into the "business" have to do things a little differently than the big national chains, that I understand. I was specifically talking about online sellers being legit with their customers. As you said, not being legit with one's customers can lead to the seller being cut off.

See, after I got the instructions to go straight to PG, PG got the pertinent info from me and THEN told me I had no factory warranty. Indoaudio might also get in trouble with PG, which was not my goal. I just want me damn amp to work!!

2. texcon

texcon Full Member

Here is an update with my Tantrum scenario. The guy at PG called me back finally and we talked about getting my amp repaired. He told me to just send it back to Indoaudio and they'd send it to PG for repair. So I wanted to get an RA number, which required my amp's serial #. After giving the PG rep my serial #, he told me the amp was a refurb. Well how about that! The amp was advertised as NEW by Indoaudio. In fact, the amp description on the Ebay page said "THIS AUCTION IS FOR 1 BRAND NEW UNOPENED TANTRUM T1200.1 AMPLIFIER NEVER OPENED OR TOUCHED! BRAND NEW" - this is verbatim. So I am a little pissed now. I asked the PG guy about sending the amp back to them directly, but he said they need me to send it to Indoaudio and then they'd send it to PG. The reason for this is so PG can "scold" Indoaudio for selling refurbed products as new. So I am a guinea pig. But it looks like I have no choice but to send my amp to Indoaudio if I want warranty repair done to it.

So what has Aaron learned from all this? Don't buy electronics from Egay - just shell out the extra cash and buy authorized.

3. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Hey bro, before you get screwed,

go to USPS, print out your label online. it gives you free tracking.
    http://www.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.htm

then go to USPS office, and get yourself insurance for $500

Next you'll want all of this-

Why Get Confirmation:

Quote:
    You shipped my package? I never got any package from you.

You can easily get scammed with this gimmick. But with delivery/signature confirmation on your side, you can confirm that your package did get to it's destination. You can also call 1-800-222-1811 and have them send you a Proof of Delivery letter if you need hard evidence that the package was indeed shipped.

You can also use USPS's Track & Confirm web page to do this all online. Track and Confirm information remains available for 180 days. But remember, you must purchase confirmation along with your postage.

Delivery confirmation is not the same as UPS's tracking. You cannot tell by using delivery confirmation where the package is at all times. You can only tell if it was dropped off, or if it is en route.

Delivery Confirmation:

You can either get this for free when you print your postage online (electronic rate), or you can pay $.45 for it at the post office (retail rate). You can use delivery confirmation to confirm that the package was indeed sent and shipped to the address. It does not, however, guarantee that the package will be taken by the person who payed for it. It will only guarantee that it was delivered (Some mail carriers will hold it at the post office, others will leave it at the door... it depends who it is). Anyway, there is no excuse to not get Delivery Confirmation. It's free. It helps protect you, And you can find out when the package arrived- so don't leave the post office without that barcode on your package.

Signature Confirmation:

Just like delivery confirmation, except the mail carrier has to obtain a signature from the person that accepts it. The cost is $1.80 Retail Rate (post office); $1.30 Electronic Rate (online).

Return reciept - Signature confirmation means they must sign for it, then you get a copy by mail back. DO THIS, or you may never see your amp again.

Keep your reciepts, there will be 3 or 4
    Even photograph your amp in the packaging!
    Photograph the serial number as well

Yep, be paranoid. If you don't think INDO knows they're in hot water, ya gotta be kidding. They'll try to avoid losing good relations with PG. At all costs.

Get all your evidence in a row, and then mail it Priority.

This way, if they screw you...
    I'm pretty sure, at least hoping, that the guys at PG will help you out.
    Their dealer screwed you, underhanded shit. I don't think they'll just leave you hanging. But... you need your proof.

4. texcon

texcon Full Member

Thanks for the info man!

See, I am not sure PG has gotten Indoaudio into any shit for this, at least yet - PG might tell them to stop selling refurbished items as new on Ebay, but that would be about it IMO and wouldn't happen until Indoaudio ships the amp to PG. That's why PG wants me to send the amp back to Indo, so they get into the loop and can be confronted about it. Also, the PG rep told me Indoaudio buys about $100,000 in PG goods a year. I doubt PG wants to lose that business over this small infraction.

But I am going to take extra precaution to ensure my amp gets there and is accounted for.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

First, Dont ship it USPS, they SUCK....

Ship is Fedex with Signature Required.....(cost about $1 extra for that)

as far as Getting a Referb, That is not a Shocker, I have been Telling people that for YEARS, no one listens though... they always tell me "I can tell if it was a Referb" this just proves my point that THEY CAN NOT unless they have the ability to track the numbers ..........

6. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

Tis true. You cannot tell if an item is refurbished. I personally look for factory refurbished equipment when buying stuff.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

it is one thing to Buy it Purposly, it is another to be Told it is new only to find out it is not ;)

anyone that still browses CAF see my Thread, I just HAD to rub this shit in :p

8. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

True. I guess I am kind of easy though. That kind of thing doesnt bother me if my product works as described.

CAF never works. F CAF

9. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am using a Referb Dell Monitor Right now, I love it, it is Just a Good as my brand New CTX that is sitting next to it... (I have 3 Montors hooked up to my PC) but I also have a 21in NEC Referb i bought that Quite after 4 mo's

Now to the Point, I knew in both cases I was Taking a RISK and that if something were to happen, because it was referbish i would bit under a Very Short, or No warranty situation, but since I was getting them for 25-45% of retail I took that RISK

now Had they Sold me the NEC as New for 50% of retail, I would assume I was Getting a Great deal and still be coverned under the 3yr Warranty NEC has on there NEW montiors, not the 90day warranty they have on the Referbs.....

So if it broke after 4mo;s and I tried to have it warrantied I would be PISSED to learn is was a Referb and no convered

See the BIG BIG differance??

10. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Mike, i like having a postmaster general to deal with. USPS also does'nt take mail fraud lightly. Theres alot of reasons why i like USPS... but having said that, i have people "inside" at all 3 companies, UPS/USPS/FedEx and therefore, i'm biased by my sources of info, beyond just my own personal experiences.

11. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

I see the difference and totally understand it.

But I have never had a problem with refurbs. Bought plenty of warrantied and unwarrantied refurbs. IF buying through the manufacture they often give full warranty anyway.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

some will some wont, vast majority dont, not full

they offer a Limited warranty (i.e. Shorter)
    most car audio companies that offer 2-5yr new warranties only offer 1 year on Referbs

the compaines that have the same warranty on referbs normally have a Terrible New Warranty anyway. Like JL 3mo new warranty :rolleyes:

13. texcon

texcon Full Member

I will say that I have nothing against refurbs and realize that a refurbed amp is probably as good, or better, than a new amp. But it's the idea that I was told this amp was NEW and was sold a refurb. Add to it that refurbs only come with 90 day warranties, and that only adds to the whole problem. Luckily PG said they'd fix it even though it was past its 90 day warranty.

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

that is because PG is a good Honest Company, and "indoaudio" or what ever Dealer they REALLY ARE will likly not be selling PG car audio anymore, IF they actually send the amp to PG for Repair........

Probally "indoaudio" is buying from a reginal Dsitbutor, which PG has that Infomation based on the Serial number you Provided so they can not Track it right to the Door of the Dealer. So they will wait for Fedex or UPS to Deliver it, Get the Return Address Info, and Call the Reginal Dsibtutor up and Inform them they are no longer to sell to a Dealer located at XXXX in XXX lol ;)

15. texcon

texcon Full Member

I am not sure PG wants to lose the $100,000 in sales they told me this Indoaudio person buys from them. The PG rep said Indoaudio's actual business name is Koby International (Indoaudio is apparently just their Ebay front name) and they are actually allowed to sell discontinued models on Ebay, just not current model lines. So I really doubt PG will just cut off and lost that much revenue - I predict a scolding by PG, but not a total bridge burning. Or perhaps Indoaudio buys from Koby International and then re-sells on Ebay. Who knows. I just want my goddam amp fixed is all I know.

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Well it sounds like they are, atleast in apperance, doing just that, since they sold you a Tantrum "as new"

Most companies dont care how the referbs are sold off, as long as they are sold as REFERBS...

if you want more contant info

http://koby-international.com/Home/

;)

17. texcon

texcon Full Member

Update:

Sent the amp to Indoaudio last Monday and it arrived at their business 2 days later on Wednesday. I emailed them asking for the status of my amp. Still crossing my fingers, but since I know they signed off for it, then 1/2 the battle is over.

18. texcon

texcon Full Member

Define shady. Here is a series of emails between me and Indoaudio the past two days. I really want to tear them a new one, but not until I know my amp is in PG's hands:

Me on August 16: Hello Ravi! I noticed my Tantrum 1200.1 arrived at your business last Wednesday and I wanted to touch base and get an update from you. Has the amp been sent to Phoenix Gold for warranty work? If so, could you please share the tracking/confirmation number of the shipment?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Them on August 16: Yes we sent it in the same day.

Me on August 17: Thanks! What is the tracking # for this package? Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Them on August 17: Tracking # will be immediately sent to you

Can you say communication breakdown? These guys are unreal.