Who Is The Leader In Car Audio Forums???

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Ah, well now don't I feel stupid. :D I just totally didn't catch that for some reason.

So is the ED sub Canadian Eh? :lol:

2. Steven Kephart

editing now

3. Steven Kephart

Hmmm, didn't let me edit it.

At a pure SQ level, probably not in a car. I agree that if you are listening to your system at peaks of 110 dB in a car even idling that you probably won't hear the difference. At those levels I must admit that you are right. But even an A would be a little overkill in that sense, and a K or Shiva would work fine. As Seth mentions, the differences don't start to become aparent until maybe 125+ dB, which I must admit is somewhat above SQ levels. But I really enjoy having a sub that sounds so transparent at all output levels, and am willing to pay (obviously) more for it. And this is where the subs I mention have the advantage.

<!--QuoteBegin-flawlesskid
    @Nov 5 2003, 09:32 PM

Honestly steve, i fear that your top picks minus the w7 are biased to the XBL2 motor topology.
    [/quote]
    No need to fear that because it is true. But it really isn't a bias more than a reality. The XBL2 motor and W7 motor are more linear than overhung motors, and that is why they are my top picks.

4. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

No need to fear that because it is true. But it really isn't a bias more than a reality. The XBL2 motor and W7 motor are more linear than overhung motors, and that is why they are my top picks. [/b][/quote]
    I can respect that..