which sub is better out of these ones..?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by ferrari-f50gt, Jan 30, 2008.

1. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Not familiar with DLS speakers, Are they any good or did you just buy them cause they were your best choice. Can you get Oz Audio there? Before I had this car I had a 94 Thunderbird and speakerworks did the install. The did an Oz Audio cs 130 in front doors, it was also a 6x8 mounting hole, they just installed a 1/2 piece of mdf and cut it out to match the original speaker then put the 5 1/4 in it with the tweeter next to it then used the original mounting points. It was very simple but sounded sooooo good. They installed some Oz midbass drivers in the rear seat area, they might have been 6 1/2 but maybe 8 inchers cause I remember paying extra to have them installed. 2 Boston pro 12.5 LF subs with Crossfire CFA 1000d amp and old school Lanzar Opti 100q for the fronts and rears . What I am trying to say is that it can be a very simple set up and still sound like you spent thousands of dollars. All of my systems are very simple, nothing you would see in a show but SQ wise they are top notch. Ill have to get an spl meter to measure my L7, I should be able to kill Pedro, bigger amp, bigger sub means more spl. Yea right we all know how that works. Anybody know where I can get an spl meter (Radio Shack)???

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

DLS are very good speakers from what i know. they are not as good as focals but they are very good. During the install of my DLS 5 1/4's they did the same thing using MDF (cut it out to match the original speaker then put the 5 1/4 in). The DLS are very clear (even with my cheap china amp) but the mid bass just isn't there. Not really sure, it may have something to do with the amp that i'm using but I'll have to see one i get the Hifonics in.

I like pedro's system. He did beat out a guy with 2 jbl 10's in a sealed box with about 1000 watts. It's all in the box, pedro has proved that.

As for mine, I really don't care what i'll meter. As long as i'm happy with it then that's all that is important to me.

3. ferrari-f50gt

ferrari-f50gt Full Member

lol yea looks like i might just have to go up to a $1000

and get the Earthquake PHD5000W with the cerwin vega stroker pro 15in and some 0 gauge power wire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Wow a Stroker 15 pushed by a PHD 5000 AMP, THAT WOULD BE CRAZY LOUD, Have azn design you a box. Im getting a woodie thinking about it!!!
    CC you said it bro, as long as your happy thats all that matters. As for you not having any midbass check you crossover settings, maybe they are set to high. I have pretty much the same set up and have plenty of midbass.

5. ferrari-f50gt

thats what im hoping for what type of wire do you think is good but not crazy exp..$$$... i think i should at least get 0 gauge with that power

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

knuconceptz o guage wire, make sure you alt is up to snuff, man that will be a sick combo.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

It's probably with my crossover settings or its just a POS amp. lol. I'll find out what my DLS are capable of once i get my new amps in.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

definately, you have to use 0 gauge, ugrade to the big three and even change your alternator with that kind of power. Not to mention having to insulate the inside of your car so it won't rattle. That is some crazy wattage you want, your ears are going to bleed.lol

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Kicker, Stinger, Tsunami, Knukonceptz, JL, Memphis, DB Link, Q Power. Are all good wires.

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

a lot of late night traffic...its 1:45 in the AM here

11. ferrari-f50gt

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

guess that would be good.

13. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

me and a buddy of mine did his system with all knuknoceptz kolussus 0 gauge, according to azn their wire is bigger than most other 0guage kits. we had trouble fitting them into normal 0 gauge terminals. with an 80 amp alternator and extra optima yellow top in the back and big 3 he gets 14.3v without bumping then 13.8-13.9 with a eD Nine.1 pushing two 13Ov.2s at full tilt.

14. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

my knukonceptz 4 gauge is bigger than kicker hyperflex 4 gauge

15. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Boston SPG 555 Subwoofers

Ya, very nice, a little out of my range too, i would need two of them lol.

YouTube - boston spg555 spg 555

16. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Bastard!!!!!!!! I'm AlMoSt JeAlouS LOL

17. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I am jealous! lol

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I"m thread jackin' again sorry...

fstrfvo, will the hifonics amps run cool enough if I put a false flooring in or should I add fans inside the false flooring?

19. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

its never a bad idea to add some fans.