which sub is better out of these ones..?

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by ferrari-f50gt, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ferrari-f50gt

ferrari-f50gt Full Member

well yea its easy to hook up to the sub and amp but i was talking about if i have to upgrade the wire to the altenater

well i guess ill look at the kicker that you found

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey, if your going over like 800 watts then you will definetly need the big 3. The alternator charging wire can be done with 4 gauge wire, and the rest in 0 gauge. Your car's original wiring is only enough to run the car, the manufacturers only put the thickness of wire needed for each thing to save money, copper is expensive lol.

3. ferrari-f50gt

hey does any one know of some good 12 in subs or 15 in subs and amp for a total of less then $500 that have some really good kick to them

4. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

5. ferrari-f50gt

how do those subs sound and what would be my best choice for a amp if i got one of those subs and what would be my best choice with two of those subs...?

6. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I'd go with either the Type R's if you to go ported and have the room for a 5 cu ft box.

If you want sealed I'd go with the eD's

7. jaev88

jaev88 Full Member

you cant go wrong with Alpine subs

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

the Type R's sound like crap in sealed boxes.

9. ferrari-f50gt

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  10. jaev88

jaev88 Full Member

yea type r's do sound horrible in a sealed box but i dont like sealed boxes (but thats just me) but ported is the way to go to if u do alpine.

link:
    Alpine Subwoofers

11. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Ported indeed....well me. I love transmission line boxes now.

12. jaev88

jaev88 Full Member

bad - its a power acoustik, never been a fan of theirs. and also it might not be able to handle that amount of power and if it does the amp is going to cost u alot of money

good - its affordable and it looks pretty

the alpine type r's would give you a better sound for the price, more clear and more reliable

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Its overrated...poor build quality. I always hear about parts separating. The older models were decent.

14. ferrari-f50gt

ok thanks for the imput on that sub

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

RE Audio is pretty good. Kinda Expensive though

16. jaev88

jaev88 Full Member

yea ive heard these, my friend has a pair...i dont know what series but they bump really hard, but he said that he had to save alot to get them...too expensive compared to what you can get for cheaper or better