Where is everybody?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Sep 25, 2002.

1. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

You can be a coward, with a gun...
    Doesn't take a man to pull a trigger...
    No respect for anyone who has disabled someone with a bullet.

Or you can be dangerous, without a gun...
    It takes nerves, wit, creativity to cause an impact...
    If you don't have the brainpower it takes to avoid getting into a situation like that... And further don't have the brainpower it takes to get out of a dangerous situation.. then go ahead, get a gun, and delude yourself to thinking that YOU will be the one who pulls the trigger first...
    (or worse, BE the one who pulls the trigger first, and LIVE with the consequences)

Not to mention someone WITH a gun will be more motivated to PULL out his gun when faced against someone else with a gun.
    Fear of looking like a pussy pulling a gun out on someone who is otherwise unarmed... ;)

Personally, my ideal weapon would be a BB-gun, for shooting targets...
    No need for anything else, eh? ;)

2. luvdabass

luvdabass Full Member

My sister has a a couple of guns, ( my little sister that is) she has a glock 9mm, and a shotgun.....heh, I dont even have my pistol permit yet:)

People that use guns as a menacing tool, or pull them out when they are confronted are retards....I would only pull a gun if I thought that myslef or one of my family was in danger.

Geo, kinda like that kid we were talking to....called himself "columbine".....thats fuckin retarded, its not exactly something to be proud of.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Usually the first person to pull their gun, is the one afraid to use it, consequently, as Geo said, they are the pussy. I am an avid hunter, but I do have a couple pistols. You'ld best hope you never see any of them, cause that would be the last thing you ever see. They are for home defence, and I was taught, don't pull your gun if you aren't going to use it. Just like the guy that taught my class to get my permit said, "if you shoot an intruder, you'ld best kill him dead. If not, imagine what a poor criple in a wheelchair, that you put there, would get awarded by a sympathetic judge."

I was taught a gun is a tool, it is not to be showed off in a room of people. Ask hitme if he's ever seen my guns. He comes over rather frequently (well, he used to anyways). Don't show it unless you intend to use it.

I grew up in Buffalo, just like luvda and Geo. When I grew up we had to deal with the South Buffalo Rats (are they still around Geo, luvda?). We fought with knives (I still have my favorite switchblade too, maybe I'll post a pic tonight), chains, bottles, fists, anything we could get our hands on. I have scars and broken bones all over to prove it. A pussy carried a gun. What fun is it to take someone out from 20 feet away? We prefered to pound him and mock him the next day at school.

I just don't get kids nowadays (no offence guys). I think the biggest problem lies with parenting, and what is accepted nowadays. I used to have to go out back and pick my switch. Gramma would say, "pick a good one. If it isn't good enough, I'm gonna go out and get the whole fuckin' tree", and she would whip me good. The nuns at Prince of Peace (the Catholic school I went to in Niagara Falls) used to crack us across the knuckles with rulers. Today you can't even spank your kid in a parkinglot :rolleyes:. I was taught how to properly use a gun. Today, kids don't get taught about guns, it's not politically correct :rolleyes: .

Sorry, I had to rant...

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Hehe... sorry, Sandt.. I am about 8 years out of high school, so my word on whether the Rats are around wouldn't be any good anymore! :ph34r:

However, I remember going to some punk shows at the Showplace Theatre, right in South Buffalo, and someone pointing out some guys... got into a whole discussion about these guys, never really knew anything about them before that.

Hamburg is about 10 minutes far enough south to not have to worry about that...
    Suburbia Hamburg, we just beat the snot out of each other with fists.. and if anyone pulled anything else out, they would get the shit jumped out of them by anyone else who was around...

It was perceived as a wimp thing-
    If you are fighting someone armed with just their fists, you are a wimp for pulling out a weapon to gain an advantage... it's like admitting that you'd get your ass kicked if you just had your fists to depend on.. ;)

And with respect to that scenario, and respect to the person who was otherwise unarmed, anytime I ever heard of that happening (whether that was a knife or just a big stick on the ground), they got jumped & taken down hard by bystanders.. and there was no doubt who the winner was.. and shame for the wimp who tried to play dirty! ;)