what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kryptonitewhite, Jan 26, 2011.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

years ago it was about 10 grand. dont even remember who made it.... let me check into it....back in a few

2. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

3. kryptonitewhite

waterfall graphs are fun, for a guy like me thats no engineer, its fun to sit and stare and try to figure out decay, harmonics, and all that fun stuff :)

4. TheViking

well, I wouldnt call it a typical RTA....it does so much more it you look closely at it.

5. kryptonitewhite

I saw the different software, a long way from the red LEDs that made a graph 15 years ago :p

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have a friend that did a 152 @ 25 in his neon. walled. 2 21 IA wardens, on roughly 7200 watts, 4 IA 20.1's. was a daily driver to boot.

he long since sold it.

im not sure if that was windows open or closed. i know it got deeper when the windows were down. was an awesome demo vehicle.

my other friend has 4 15'' wardens in a bandpass with 8 20.1's. his can play very low too.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/...63415451_100001606253051_214352_7090407_n.jpg

http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14045

7. kryptonitewhite

wardens are pretty sweet, anything with multiple neo slugs, anything 21"

8. TheViking

150 at 22Hz???????

WTF????????????

I need to look into this a bit more....This is clearly a pressure related issue. Wave development is not a factor it appears. Looks to me like cone mods and body flex play a key role....this is gettin me thinking. Again....tesla and his resonance make the grade

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

did you notice what kind of car? its tiny tiny. ive sat in it and its a beast.