Very bad news with ambiguously beneficial results

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Jul 18, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

read all that I posted about the install and tell me what you think is doing it, I am sure it is not 100% clipping, but I think that played a BIG factor along with a possilbe bad seal in the box, and a few other things

ANy Ideas on what caused this would be helpful, I am at a lose, I am replacing them for him with a differant set of subs or a Subwoofer (talking about a IDMAX maybe) but if he takes it back to this same installer will I be getting this system back in a few months, that is my concern

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yea i agree. I'd be willing to bet it was a faulty box as well. The real test will come when you put them in your box and test em out.

My personal opinion is that they were just bottoming out because of a bad box, too big of a box, and/or too much power with clipping. If they don't make noises free air they shouldn't make any noise in a box.

Either that...or if he was listening to them with his trunk open, they are going to sound like something's wrong with them... Did he hear the popping from inside the car with the trunk closed?