Ups Dropped Off A Rather Lite Package Today..

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Oct 6, 2003.

1. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

LOL, if i ever said that, i lied. :lol:

2. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

I'm sure you're read Manville's posts on ECA. For anything 500 watts and under, he recommends the W6v2's.

So, logically, you'd have to think the W7 is meant for high power. And it's pretty common knowledge the sub can take some serious power. I wouldn't hesitate to put 1kW+ on those subs.

3. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

If i'm able to make it down for the testing, we could always throw the B10 in my box off the Tru 2.100? That should give the advantage to the B10...

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

W7 = sick excursion

here's a 12W7 at rest (looks innocent, doesn't it? :p)
    [​IMG]

And here's a 12W7 caught somewhere near full excursion by my happy camera (assisted by 5000 watts of Crown power, at DLC labs):
    [​IMG]

Now, picture that sub moving in AND out, both directions! :blink:

That ain't your father's JL woofer...

5. streetrace_r

streetrace_r Full Member

did they put dc on that?
    cuz i think that sub would fly out of that dudes hands with regular ac power :lmfao:

6. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Well, it's not exactly a light woofer to begin with...

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Nope, that's just an unknown amount of power, coming from a tone-generator, through DLC's 5000 watt Crown rack amp...
    We were just playing around, bringing stuff to maximum excursion, it was fun.

That's a prototype (at the time we took the picture, the only one in existance) of Elemental's 8A woofer, in the corner of the pictures. B)

8. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

:( I wanna play at DLC.....

how do i get a job there? :D

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well...
    Besides David Clark, DLC only had one other employee, Stephen Ponte... although I understand Tom Nousaine did work for them on a contractual, part time basis.
    Since Stephen Ponte has accepted a position working at TC Sounds, he's no longer working for DLC... as far as I know, his position is still vacant, but I don't really know...
    You could always send them your resume! B)

10. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Dan said that there was another guy that used to test the speakers before Ponte was there. Unfortunately I can't remember his name. So I at least know of one more employee.

11. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Wow, after reading this thread, I'm starting to think Seth may be a little disapointed when he hears the B10. It is a very nice sub in it's own right, and would probably give many 12" subs a run for their money. But it really doesn't compare to the B12. But it really wasn't designed to. It was designed to sound awesome in a microscopic enclosure, and that is exactly what it does. It is sort of a purpose built sub because of this. I usually recomend to people that if they don't NEED a very small box, it is worth the extra money to get the 12.

Just a heads up Seth. :bag: