Upgrade Time!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DerrikW, Apr 20, 2004.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Amoung the elite IMHO. They are very natural and have smooth solid processing. Using high quality internals leads to high quality processing. I find them warm and inviting. Detailed, yet not overboard. I also love the fact that you can get massive power in an AB amp. That is the main reson I chose the Z7000... 1500 watts of AB power at 1 ohm. That is simply amazing.

Comparable to JL for SQ. Zapco will be a better amp, but for several times the money, they should be ;) . KX Kickers are good amps, solid for sure, but I put Cadence over them in both durability and SQ

2. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

I think I'm gonna order it tonight, if not tomorrow for sure. Why the hell does the orange one cost more than the carbon fiber?

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Because it is cooler B)

Hey I'm Italian... what can I say. We like obnoxious :p

4. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Sorry for bothering you Seth but, how is the A4? I see that one goes for $360. Bridged to 2 channels according to cadence it puts out the same power as the Z9000 at both 4 and 2 ohm and it is true class A, again according to cadence. Do you think it will sound any better or be worth the extra $70 or so? I just want to make sure I get the right one the first time.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

The A4 is a very nice amp. I assure you anybody who has heard it will say likewise. The crossover is a bit steeper (24Db, compared to 18Db on the Z)), and they offer clipping indicators.

Personally, I run a 12Db on my comps and an 18Db on my sub, becuase I felt that sounded best in the car. I prefer the way they blend with the varying slopes and crossover settings. So for this reason, the Z series and Q series fit me best.

Also, to me a clipping indicator is not nessicary (and considering how overpowered you will be, you should never need one either). A similar 4 channel to that in the Z line is the Z4000, or the Z4300 (a Z4000 that is 1 ohm stable).

Finally, I like the looks of the Z series better. I also like the fact that Z the line is more extensive, and also blends with the Q line. While looks aren't everything, I want matching amps. Also, the CF on the ZRS amps matches well with the CF covers on the Z and Q series amps. So we have a larger line of matching amps.

I like the Z series best. The A is a bit better optioned, don't get me wrong, but the options it offers didn't fit my needs.

It is your call, but by no streatch of the imagination do I believe you will be disapointed in either choice.

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The A's have very different cosmetics.
    They look cool, high-end, don't get me wrong... but understated... where the Q and Z series are chrome and orange and flashy.

I actually generally don't go for chrome and flashy, but I even think the Q and Z series look cool.

And if orange isn't your thing... that's not really the heatsink, the chrome parts are... you could remove the orange cover, and simply paint it whatever color you like - and I don't believe that would affect any warranty, since they sell the optional carbon-fiber cover that's user-installed. ;)

While the A series are their more elite high-end models, and do come with some additional features, after hearing the Q's and Z's myself, I'd run the Q's and Z's personally myself too. I'd just paint my covers the color of my car, next time I needed something done at the body shop. :D
    And after seeing the rather large price difference, between the Z's and the A's, that would seal the deal, for me.
    The SQ on the Q's and Z's is very very good.

7. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm just gonna order the A4. A few extra features never hurt anybody, even if I don't plan on using em. :p

8. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Well guys I ordered the A4. I think I'll be more than happy with it. I was just gonna get the 9000 but then I decided, wtf. Just get the A4. Again thanks for the help guys. I'll give you a review when I get her in.