Tips for System owners..

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Busted51, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

here's one
    why not get a great big sticker on your back window that says:
    really expensive stuff inside
    or one that says

expensive audio car club

and then drive up and down the street you live on, or hang out in parking lots pounding your stuff, and showing it off to people.

won't take too long to figure out when the curious people turn into thieves.

- Just kidding, I really wouldn't suggest doing any of that.:D

advertisement is the biggest factor in the dissapearance of equipment.

and thieves are getting smarter and more ruthless everyday.

My box is big and heavy enough that one person cannot carry it alone. My design ensures that the front seat of the truck must be removed to remove the box. I drilled out the heads on my screws, so that they can only be removed with a drill, and not normal hand tools. The amp cannot be removed without removing the box from the truck. My head unit has a built in security device that makes it necessary to put in a "key cd" if power is cut when the security feature is activated (I always have it on, and I use a burned cd with abnormal files to make it impossible to duplicate.) and then the deck is useless of stolen, it will only display the call number that will be used to get the deck back to me.

and I still bought a good alarm.

but I know that there are still ways around all of this stuff, there are people out there who are smarter than me, and need money more than they think I need my stuff.

If you are serious about not getting you stuff gangstered, then every precaution is warranted and necessary. all are good ideas, but no one of them is a miracle cure. I know that in my case, however that a good thief could get my stuff.. I'm just making it a pain in the ass for him.

I may have to deal with thieves "testing" my alarm by kicking my truck when they see the led blinking.. (the fake one won't fool anyone anymore)

I might have to replace a broken window, or **** off my neighbors when my alarm goes off.

I might have someone stab holes in my seat, or in my subwoofers.

but...

they are not getting my stuff without me first putting up the best fight i can.
    My advice to you is the same.. don't rely on any one thing to keep your stuff safe.. it's just not possible.

bolt it down, use wierd screws, get an alarm, get a deck with GOOD security features, maintain a low profile, basically- do everything you can. If not, then it's really just not worth the effort.

If you're serious, it's worth it.

If someone is breaking into your car to steal your stuff, no "fake" wall is going to convince them that what they heard is not in there. They will find it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol....wow ranger...funny sh!t

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Gotta get me one of those

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

trunk monkeys rule!!

5. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I am sending that video to PETA!!!!!!!!!!! That oughta hack em off a bit!!!!!!!

i will be sure to let them know I keep an animal in my trunk at all times in 150 degree temps...If he dont live, he is slow cooked!!!!

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

MMMMMMMMMMM slow cooked monkey.i bet they dont taste as good as penguin or manatee.

7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

And Trunk Monkeys have other uses too

Suppose some punk kids egg your car
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7565771694799936483

or a road raging red neck gets in your face
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1882664901133929840&q=trunk+monkey

or your wifes about to give birth
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5138951544367773273&q=trunk+monkey

or your daughter is dating a guy with guestionable intentions
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5815617526758003795&q=trunk+monkey

Trunk Monkeys have so many great uses.