Tight Space For Tight Bass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DatDude08, Apr 14, 2010.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

There ya go! Good idea Pedro

2. eviling

eviling Full Member

i think they have a 4th order they call the warlock, whitch is suposedly the most efficiant box out there. i've never heard one but they're MASSIVE.

i'm gladd you enjoyed the JBL's :) they look very nice, even with those dinky cross overs :p they are even packaged the same way my 608's were :p i can't wait till i get my 2nd set of 608's for my front stage, it's gonna be rocking <3

3. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

I've been looking into it and I'm not sure I really have the space. I'm trying to keep everything hidden and only have at most 6.5" of height from the rear floor to the lowest part of the rear bench. So I see no way I can build a bandpass box in such a tiny space height wise especially once you subtract the board thickness (I'm going to use .5" MDF). Now I have some other ideas floating around but I doubt that my dad would like any of them since the truck is really his and he'll need it every once in a while.

Basically right now ported is looking like a winner to me. I love the response of the bandpasses I've been working on in winISD, but I don't see it as a viable option unfortunately.