Question for my friend

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jlfox, Aug 10, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

2. pedro quiroga

3. pedro quiroga

thats only the tip of the ice berg.

if you were to give me a definate price i can recomend others.

4. pedro quiroga

those were from seeing those products in action or reading a review on them.

5. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

here. lemme give ya some backround as to what ive had. i went from one 12" kicker l5 with a 600 watt amp. to two jl w3's off the same amp.
    im lookin for a lot louder. in two 15's.
    i had chosen the fi's only because my friend who's handle im using right now just got a btl. i like the idea of having round 1500w-2000w running my system as i know no one in my area with something like that.
    i just want something that will blow my mind from what i've previously had. If 1 15" will do that then i'm all ears. i just like the sound of two 15's.
    But this is the exact reason im on here in the first place. Just to get tips from ppl who know the hobby way better than myself and would give me a better opinion than any shop i could walk into just worried about sellin me the most expensive s*** on the rack

6. danracer

danracer Full Member

for that sub ull need some serious power

7. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

also ppl have told me about so many different subs. TC-sounds. FI. The L7 and solo x. w7's. pioneer premiers. Atomic.
    its like walking into a candy store. except idk wth all the candy is or is about

8. pedro quiroga

ok.fair enough.

2 15's it is.1 ohm final load?that sundown amp i mention will more than run those 2.as will an elimental designs nine.1.Elemental Designs

this guy here will do closer to 1500 watts.

9. pedro quiroga

tell me about it.it's enough to make your head explode!lol

i'm more of an old school guy my self so i stuck with the brands i read about and have heard.as you can see from my pic.those amps are over 14 years old and run strong.

10. pedro quiroga

those Fi's are great subs.so just keep em.

[​IMG]
    8 sundown's1500 running 4 18 Fi btl's.btw those things are running over 4500 watts each.

11. pedro quiroga

i think he's running 8 batts for those amps.
    heres a vid of his truck..
    [​IMG]

12. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

That head exploding thing is crazy true, man. Its happened like 3 times just today! :eek:

Anyway. Ok Ill keep the fi's. And im thinkin the sundown amp. I think this is the one you mentioned probably will not require an electrical upgrade. (im not against electrical...im against the money right now for it..haha)

Someone mentioned if i had the right tools i can build a box..well what tools are those and ill tell ya if ive got em. lol.

13. pedro quiroga

um drill.table saw.jig saw for cutting the holes for the subs........i think thats it. of course screws and glue.

always pre drill your screw holes and your good to go

14. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

woah...honestly?! i wouldve skipped right over that amp thinkin it was bs. Damn thats cheap for it actually puttin out what it says.
    *thinks* sounds like 135 is better than 400

15. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

is there anywhere online i can kinda just punch in the sub's size and everything else and itll just show me a blueprint for building a box. or is that technology not free to the public. haha

16. pedro quiroga

the crunch one?...yeah i read a review on the 1000 watt one and it did it's rated power.

17. jlfox

jlfox Full Member

well it looks like im going to get the crunch one. hopefully it doesnt break the first week i have it.. hahaha.