Problem with volume level in JVC

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Cab-Man, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Cab-Man

Cab-Man Full Member

I recently bought that JVC KW-AVX820-dvd-player. The problem is, that the volume level while listening to the radio is too high right from the start. The volume range goes from 1-50, and already at level 1 the volume is a little bit too high. The starting level for other sources, like USB, iPod or AV IN is adjustable, but TUNER-source is FIXED. Any suggestions how to "fix" this problem ? There are times when a nice low volume level would be needed. And don`t tell me that I can always press ATT. That is too low....:p

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

what are your gains set too?

3. Cab-Man

Cab-Man Full Member

Im`honestly not sure what you actually mean. Do you mean that AMPLIFIER GAIN-option low/high ? It doesn`t have much affect on the volume....

4. pedro quiroga

the gain on the amp does affect the volume.
    hi/low is the crossover.

5. Cab-Man

Cab-Man Full Member

So is that the one that I have to change, or can you tell me precisely what option I have to change ? Sorry.....

6. pedro quiroga

lowering the gain would be my 1st thing to do.

7. Cab-Man

Cab-Man Full Member

But where is the option of lowering the gains ? I don`t find anything else that that AMP GAIN level.....

One thing that lowers the starting volume is, when I adjust the sound options where are COUNTRY, ROCK, CLASSIC etc and take for example USER I and pull down all of those up/down-lines. I hope you understand what I mean....:(

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

hmmm, seems like you are talking about your deck (stereo) while pedro is talking about your amplifier...

on your amp, there should be something labeled either gain or level. bring that down a bit and then see.

now, if you don't have an amp connected and your just using just the head unit. then you i have a few settings on my JVC, MAYBE we have the same menus... not sure though...

1st.... try going into set up... after you are in there then you should be able to find speaker levels or something like that. with this function you can bring down the decibel volume of each speaker.. bring that down, it will go into the negatives...

2nd.... there is also an internal volume in the head unit (if it's like my JVC)... you look into the main menu then look in or go into the sound menu... you find volume in there then just bring that down as well... that will also go into negative volume if needed...

lastly... under the sound menu there is also an amplifier gain menu... if i'm not mistaken it's either off, low gain or high gain... choose the low gain if all else fails...

i'm using the JVC KD-AVX2 DVD... we probably have the same menus... i hope...

Let me know if that helped... if it didn't then give me a little time to do some direct research on your head unit and i'll find out whats going on with your settings...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. Cab-Man

Cab-Man Full Member

In my car, there is a separate digital amplifier, and that can`t be adjusted at all. It`s a part of the car`s original system. But I`ll try to look those other things. Thanks.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i'm sure you can solve the problem just within your stereo menu... you have 3 choices there, just let me know how it worked out for you..