Pictures Of My Truck

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 17, 2003.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Gears will make it go to higher RPM's on the highway, unless I go to like 2.73's... I guess right now I still have the stock 3.13, Ford is gay

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That's nothing...
    I got the new Sport Truck today...

There's an Excursion inside with not only a full-tube-frame monster lift, but it's riding on a set of 20" rims shod in 48" tall tires.

It's big. You could park an Excursion under it. :blink:

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

the only other thing is to add a new Tranny with differant gears....

I Dont see why your not at 3,000 on the highway personally...

Does your tranny not have OD on it?

4. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

I dont think lifted trucks are hick unless they are just done up in a hick way (cant stand all the loud and obnoxious trucks around here, different if it sounds good, but I dont think people know there is a difference between good and loud). I'm a big fan of low cars, low full size trucks, and lifted SUVs like 95ish Tahoes and whatnot. I'd love to have something like a black 95 Tahoe with as much polished stuff as I could get on it with some 16" billet wheels and some 33"-35" tires just so I could go anywhere I wanted :) That'll probably be my next buy as a matter of fact, get a big Tahoe and make it look awesome.

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Oh come on now...

repeat after me:
    "lifted trucks are hick" :p

You do need to pick up the March 2004 Sport Truck.
    There's a 2000 Excursion in there, that's lifted on a custom tubular subframe, with 30-inch lift spring packs, sporting a set of 20 inch Weld rims wearing 52.9" tall Michelin XZL tires... :blink:

Now that's not hick, per se... but there's no garage short of a barn that the truck could fit in. You must see this truck.. it's front bumper level would be at the top of my garage door.

Well, it's a cool truck... but it is rather "hick" per se... in the same ways that these hillbillies make fun of "rice" cars...

Lifted trucks are supposed to have off-road capabilities...
    These tires are so large, that if you went off road, it seems there could only be maybe 4" or 5" or so of axle articulation before the tire would simply be chewing up into the body. :rolleyes:

And at least the "rice" cars that I've seen don't have $100,000 worth of modifications done to them. ;)

Anyway... my vote goes to convert the truck to 2wd, put in a good posi rearend (or at least a good limited slip) because even with a 4wd truck, only 2 wheels are driving at any given time at any rate... one wheel per axle can slip...
    And lower it a good 5"/7". B)

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Not true

You have have Lockers, Limited Slip, or Posi in both Diff.s making it a TRUE 4x4 ;)