Ok Help me Decide on my new System

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Sep 13, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yea but I am not going to for ALL spl, I will NEVER be going to a comp, so scoring is not a concern, I just want to be REALLY LOUD and sound PRETTY good

24in while will probally move my car with out the car running, I dont think will get high enough to play good music, I listent to main Alt rock so it is not easy to replicate and the subs need to move pretty fast

and Like I said I need 2 subs for my plan to work so if he had 2 of the DD;s I might consider it, but with only one, I am going to have to pass

When are your subs cmming out Mr. Geo?

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

but 2 24'ers would look cool

wonder what they would sound like in my house ROFL

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh and who is doing your site design

you know I am doing Web Design professionally now, I can set you up pretty nice, for cheap, and I can host if for you so hehe

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

seth, I need 2 15's Componet set (6.5in) and aamps to run them all, that will get me close to or over 150db

what you got?

Trying to stay under $1300 [/b][/quote]
    Any Brand preferances?

Sealed or ported?

Available depth for the comps?

Are we doing a total reinstall or are you planning on carrying anything over from your T-Bird?

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not really

At this point I am open to anything

I am alos looking at some used stuff

a guy at CAF has a slighly used MTX 81000D for $250, and another guy is selling some 2002 Quad Coil RE XXX's for $300 ea so.....

I talk to ben Last night, he reassured me there is no problems with the 15's now, and wants me to call him tommorow

I am considering the Adires, but I dont think they fit in my budget, $460 a sub plus shipping will kill me...

Then there is the Kicker L7's I know 2 of them with 1500 watts with to 149-150, Beau did it with the Z7000 and 2 Kickers I sold him, so....

too many choice

PM me but remember, I am going for a good mix of SPL, SQ and Looks, with most of it leaning towards SQ but I dont want tit to sound like Wet Slapping Cardboard either :lmfao:

Box size is pretty much irrevance, I can do just about anything with in reason

nothing like 10cubs, but I have a 3cube sealed box now that only take up about 1/2-2/3 of the trunk so....

want to do ported,

Open to all suggestions

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I just dont know

The guy selling the MTX seems like a dick, and untrustworthly so I will not be buying his amp....

so the search continues

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I got some ideas I PM'ed you... I got the 2004 SoloX 18s and the recones available!!! [homervoice] Mmmmmm, SoloX!!! [/homervoice]

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Bad news on the 24"...
    They aren't making the freaking things yet!
    It's in their catalogs, marketing, etc... and it's officially available for sale, but a distributor informed us he's had an order in for a year.. :blowup:
    Apparently, they are waiting until they have enough orders to get a build going... :unsure:

Well, I still have this DD9515, and it does have it's own personalized DUMAX...
    It sure models up like an SPL sub, it's got monster BL, but there's guys who swear this thing is a SQ sub (granted they are probably pretty inexperienced, but still, it really doesn't sound too bad).

Honestly, it does have around 20mm of Xmax, which is certainly enough physically to play low frequencies...
    I thing this thing would be a bad boy inn both SPL and have a lot of low frequency extension in a dual-chamber vented enclosure...
    You'd have that SPL peak (and it should be reasonably tight around there, if you have the amp below clipping), and then you have the low tuning component, which usually places the lower tuning frequency around 25Hz or so, you get low extension like a ported box tuned that low. Cool stuff, honestly.

It's a "make an offer" thing, he's in Albany, he'll probably be back for the holidays, he got a good hook-up when he bought it, so he's just looking for a fair deal.

I really do think it would suit your "mostly SPL, but decent for daily" scenario...
    Or any SPL-oriented sub in a dual-chamber reflex enclosure, it's a winner (I even wrote some software to help model up subs in dual-reflex enclosures... excel based ;) )

9. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I'm at a loss as to why you want to be so loud when you mainly listen to alternative rock... If anything get some killer midbasses and a solid pair of 12's. That'd give you more kick in the chest than most subs would.

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well Alot of the Rock I listen too has more Bass than rap does for starters, and I al talking LOW bass in some cases, but it is allot more complex, and harder for subs to reproduce than rap...

and if the urge hits me, I want to be able to throw in a bass/rap cd and scare little kids a mile away :lmfao:

11. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I mean, i listen to the same type of music, so i know what kind of basslines it produces. My setup is by no means loud, but the sub is able to reproduce everything i've thrown at it since i've had it. By no means do i think you should get a w7 as they're definitely overpriced, but you might want to consider an Elemental A, IDMAX, or a Brahma (you owe me Seth) :D.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

seth has been trying to sell me a brahma since I started this thread, and I am considering them

JL is way too over priced to even be considered and buy one of them never entered my mind even for a second

IDMAX is a Consideration, and in the Running, so Is ED

Infact is a Down to those three, now I jut have to decide on a pair, and sign the check
    we will see what I decide soon, I have alittle bit before the brahma's start shipping again, so...

13. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

From what i've heard, my choice out of the 3 would be the IDMAX or the eD A given efficiency. I'm not sure how much power you've got put the IDMAX will definitely be the most efficient of that bunch.

(you don't owe me any more Seth :))

14. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

efficiency? bah... i'd get two 15As.... still beats the price of 2 B12s... and you get more Sd...

then money saved goes to higher powered amps...

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Now, now... you asked me about them ;)

I don't need everyone thinking I am trying to spam the boss man here.

Chris,

due to the larger requirements for enclosure size of the A and ID, I'd say manipulation of the Brahmas efficiency through that extra space would be very easy to achieve.

16. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Now, now... you asked me about them ;)

I don't need everyone thinking I am trying to spam the boss man here.

Chris,

due to the larger requirements for enclosure size of the A and ID, I'd say manipulation of the Brahmas efficiency through that extra space would be very easy to achieve. [/b][/quote]
    I know seth

and

BlkX Effecaincy By itself is UNIMPORTANT when it come to subwoofers, all depends on the intended application of the product, and even then, the effect it will have on my desicion is nill,

Price is not a issue in this part of the debate

Now that adire redid the looks of the brahma, they jumped up on my possiblity scale,

17. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Well, then i'd definitely go for the Brahmas... 15"s.... maximize Sd, and get great SQ at the same time...

they're dual 2ohms... so i'd get two of those cadence zr8s you wanted... one for each woofer... :D

18. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Chris,

due to the larger requirements for enclosure size of the A and ID, I'd say manipulation of the Brahmas efficiency through that extra space would be very easy to achieve. [/b][/quote]
    Good point, but the e12a will work in a relatively small enclosure as well (~.7cf).

19. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I know seth

and

BlkX Effecaincy By itself is UNIMPORTANT when it come to subwoofers, all depends on the intended application of the product, and even then, the effect it will have on my desicion is nill,

Price is not a issue in this part of the debate

Now that adire redid the looks of the brahma, they jumped up on my possiblity scale, [/b][/quote]
    I never claimed efficiency was the single most important thing here......