Oh yeah!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, May 26, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yeah, I feel you. If you have the money, you can sell the equipment. Ahh, bullshit. You have knowledge and to me that is far more important than some store. I can't tell you how many times I have had a JL authorised dealer install a product where I had to fix an install issue. Wow, real quality dealers there :rolleyes: . Anyhoo, I understand the Mfgs being leary about online store, but I do agree with Michael here.

A good authorized online dealer is essencial, especially to reach the more remote parts of the country. I feel knowledgeable online salespeople are more likely to do the customer right, as it is easier for someone to look elsewhere with a quick mouseclick, rather than going clear accross town to look. We have to be fair and honest. Piss on them if they don't like the in store dealers loosing buisness... they still make the same money. All this does is reduce physical advertising, the big displays you see in the store I mean. "Authorised, professional installers" they say will be in short supply. Ahhh, bullshit. I already mentioned the follys of some "authorised professional installers" above. Now, the desire to seem exclusive... Therein lies the key. If you can't get it just anywhere, it must be the best :rolleyes: :lol:

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I got a Email from the CEO of Hifonics/Crunch the other day and I went off on him, because I have made multi request for authorization and never got ANY response, not even a "fuck you" so when they contected me about where i am buying from, and how I can not sell online because I am not authorized (funny how they ignor the fact this is a FREE country and anything I can buy I can sell) so I went off on my Rant, I swear I typed for like 2 hours, I have not heard back from him and this was like a 1week or more ago.... lol

They (all anti-online manufactuers) need to realize that online dealers will never go away, so they have 2 options, keep doing like they are doing and make the issue worse by both alienating good hard working dealers, and their customers, or embrace somehting thier customer what anyway.... hmm which makes better business sense????

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yeah, my god, the guy probably either had a heart attack, closed that Email account, or notified the authorities to have you monitored for his safety! :D

The police said "that's all, first the anti-government stuff, and now psychotic behavior.. this guy is goin' down!"

:lol: lol :lol:

Noticed any holes in the eyeballs of any pictures in your house, or mirrors that you don't remember owning before anywhere?
    Cable flickering oddly at all?
    :D

4. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

hey guys. michael dont live here. leave my cable alone. :p
    and stop tapping my phone. i here you breathing into the phone.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Yeah, my god, the guy probably either had a heart attack, closed that Email account, or notified the authorities to have you monitored for his safety! :D

The police said "that's all, first the anti-government stuff, and now psychotic behavior.. this guy is goin' down!"

:lol: lol :lol:

Noticed any holes in the eyeballs of any pictures in your house, or mirrors that you don't remember owning before anywhere?
    Cable flickering oddly at all?
    :D [/b][/quote]
    lol, Mirrors will not work, I dont have a Reflection :eek: :eek: :lol:

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I just talked to someone in CAF chat who claimed they just bought a ZR-10 model for just $720...
    For a 5000 watt RMS amp? Is that actually right?
    Wow, if so! B)

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

MSRP is $1200,

Just to Give you perspective the MSRP on the Z7000 is $800 I was selling them for under $400

ahh them where the days, me soooo sad :(

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

No. The ZRS10 is 2500WRMS strappable to 5000@2 ohms. I think it is in the spec sheet above, if not I will host it and put it up here.

*yeah, it's up there*

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Ah, I see...

Well, this guy actually claims to have 2 of them... $750 each, $1500 for 5000 watts isn't bad, I suppose.

They sound like pretty impressive amps, none the less, even if they do carry higher price tags than the older Cadence stuff (comparing to the HC series)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

that is about the same price per watt has your amp

$375 / 1500 -- $0.25/ watt

$1500 / 5000 -- $0.30 per watt

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Compare it to the old A series (which the ZRS series replaces), not the Z series and you will see the price/watt is almost exact. Plus it is better looking (IMHO, one of the best looking amps out there) and has more features.

12. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

I would love those amps, but I cant really afford to spend more money to upgrrade my A7 and Q3000 when they really dont need upgrading.

Yea mike, its too bad cadence have terrible sense when it comes to business. I cannot fathom how they can possibly gain from not having online sales. They are alienating a very powerful group... the online community. Looat at what the online community has done for elemental designs. There is not ONE cadence dealer in my whole state..... -

13. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That's a good price though, even it it's a little more than our amp, dollar/watt... that's all.

After all, we sell direct from manufacturer to customer, cutting out the middlemen, trying to get the "value" part up big by getting the price tag down on good product, rather than getting the price tag down just from having cheaper product.

Cadence on the other hand, is a traditional company, selling through distributors, etc...
    If THEY can get a price that comes close to ours, on a dollar/watt basis, for what promises to actually be a high-end, high-quality amp, that's fantastic! B)

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

notta really, as I am sure that is not the Authorized MAP price, but some ebay, or under the table sale

15. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Absolutely Michael. I believe the ZRS-8 is ~$950 retail, maybe $1100. Both #s are popping in my head, and I am not sure why. But still, figure roughly a grand easy.