New System in the Grand Marquis (Build Thread)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eazy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. eazy

eazy Full Member

Now I'm finding out 14.4 is max for kinetiks, most likely 14.7 is max for my duralast, and 15 is max for the sundowns... maybe it's not worth it if I get 14.0 most of the time.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

Just make some out of MDF lol. $20 for a 4'x8' sheet.

I think I'm set on speakers for now, thanks though.

I need to hookup my CDT tweeters to my headunit. How should I do it, wire it directly to the speaker wires from the headunit like a speaker? Use my CDT crossover?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, just a thought.

you should go through your CDT crossover, that's what i did before and it sounded great.

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

Off the headunit? No woofer hooked up to the crossover?

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you have no woofer (mid bass) going through the CDT crossover? you just want to connect the tweets only? hmm, i'd still use the tweets to the crossover to the headunit. Just because i'm afraid to screw up things.

7. eazy

eazy Full Member

Correct. I have 5x7 Infinity Kappa's all around now. My CDT tweeters are mounted flush in my doors' woodgrain so they're not coming out, so I might as well use them... just trying to figure out how lol.

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

how is the midbass from the kappas? anyway, just use the CDT crossover even if thats the only thing you have connected to it then from the crossover to the head unit. See how it sounds, at least that crossover will protect the tweets..

9. eazy

eazy Full Member

Better than the CDT 5.25's lol. I can actually hear the midbass on the beginning of Top Back. I have a Kicker ZX350.2 lying around I need to power something with though.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I really want to change my 5.25's but my wife is getting on my case since i just got a whole bunch of stuff. I guess i'll just have to wait a while

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

why not run the tweets along with the front door speakers?

2 ohm stereo.

12. eazy

eazy Full Member

I don't know what you mean. The Kappa's are 2 ohm if that makes any difference.

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Not too sure what you have hooked up through the crossover and stuff but you could run the tweets off the deck's front channel left and right with a 100uf capacitor on each. No sure about the 100uf capacitor size, maybe azn can correct me.

14. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

You could use your crossovers too just for the tweets right? Will still work without anything else hooked up to the crossovers. Either way you will have separate control of the tweets through the deck.

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

you can still run the tweets through the CDT crossover, for me that would be eazy's best bet. He wouldn't have to spend any extra money doing it that way and the tweets will be protected by the crossover..