New System in the Grand Marquis (Build Thread)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eazy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bigsq

bigsq Full Member

man thats going to be fun intalling it, once youre done, you will see the effort you put

2. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I just sold mine lol, for $48.00. Is there a reason you got it?, having problems with the batteries? Use the remote wire from your hu to turn on the relay.

3. eazy

eazy Full Member

No problems... just don't want to damage the kinetiks in a couple months when I go off to college and leave the car sitting for days at a time.

4. eazy

eazy Full Member

Why did you sell yours?

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

Looks like the Sundown 8's weren't meant for midbass... damn.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Well i figure if i don't need it then it's one less load on the system and a few less connections that can come loose or melt or blow up lol. Also i don't like the connectors on the pac, you can't really tighten them solid because it's just plastic underneath and will probably crack. I'm sure i gained some power taking it out. Probably because of the connections, if i grabbed the wire and tried to move it, it would move so the connections weren't that solid before but i tightened it pretty frigin solid being carefull not to crack the thing when i first installed it. LOL sorry having a hard time talking today!

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

8. eazy

eazy Full Member

Hey have any of you guys used fans to cool your amps? electrolytic, you have right? Which did you use? How well did they work? I want to get some fans.

9. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

This is as far as i got. The top 6 fans have neon tubes that light up red and the bottom 4 are just normal fans, all for computers and computer cases. Have to get back to work fiberglassing. I hooked up my cerwin vega today at 1 ohm, sounds sweet. Need to break it in before i go cranking it. Will post video soon under viking audio thread. Oh all these fans are blasting, moving a lot of air, a lot more than i expected.

Attached Files:

10. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

11. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files:

12. eazy

eazy Full Member

10 fans? lol damn son...

Which amps are you cooling? You have Orions right?

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Ya the hcca 2100 competition amplifier, you can see it standing up in the 2nd last pic. She get's hot, hopefully this helps lol.

14. eazy

eazy Full Member

So I'm tempted to sell the 1000D and get something like a kicker 2500.1 and get another Q15.

15. danracer

danracer Full Member

a sundown 3k @.5 should pound hard lol........or why dont you get another 1000d and strap them ??

16. eazy

eazy Full Member

PM me how much you can get a 3000D for.

I want something that will give me around 2500 watts, because after impedance rise I'm only giving the Q15 like 700 watts with the 1000D.

17. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

sounds to me like you need a wall.lol

18. eazy

eazy Full Member

I wish. I'm going off to college and my car will be sitting in parking lots a lot and I'm worried about theft.