New System in the Grand Marquis (Build Thread)

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by eazy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. eazy

eazy Full Member

So you guys think I should just leave it the way it is? Or just adjust the gain up a tiny bit more and leave the sub at 0?

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i choose that one cause he needs just 1 in 1 out.

3. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

oh yea got ya... saves himself alot of money also.

4. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

do you have an eq in the deck too easy? Turn up the bass there if you have rather than on the sub gain.

5. eazy

eazy Full Member

All I have is sub bass from -6 to +6 and the preset EQ's like rock, jazz, etc... no custom.

6. pedro quiroga

if you think its fine then leave it

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Oh that sucks, well maybe can pick rock or the one that has the most bass and try and work with it. You may have to go higher on the sub level but then just be carefull, try and listen for clipping, or your turning up the bass but it doesn't seem to be getting louder as you turn it up, then your most likely clipping. You should be able to work this out without a line driver. How about slap? you have that? lol go through all your settings.

8. pedro quiroga

dont you mean SLA?

source level audio?right?

9. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

SLA doesn't make it any louder.

the EQ on the deck just boosts frequencies and more likely to clip. I'd get a line driver. I'll probably invest in one later on.

10. pedro quiroga

yes get a line driver. get a 3 ch one they almost cost the same as a single 1ch unit.

11. eazy

eazy Full Member

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I have been trying to keep up that that thread...hell I may get four if I can sell some more enclosures.

That would be fun. 65 bucks a piece is a damn good deal for some quality 8s

13. eazy

eazy Full Member

no.... im getting 4 lol. 2 cubes @ 30Hz with four 8's would be sick.... maybe another SAE-1000D and get 4 more....

14. eazy

eazy Full Member

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Depends on the condition...I'd give 125-150 if in immacculate condition

16. pedro quiroga

17. eazy

eazy Full Member

I'm waiting for more info from him... in the meantime, my pac200 came in. What's the best source for the remote wire?

18. eazy

eazy Full Member

I offered $125 shipped since he hasn't had offers for months and I never asked about his subs, he was pushing them on me.... and instead of making a counter offer he gave me a bunch of crap about how I disrespected him and 'bit the hand that fed' and how he's decided he doesn't want to trade components anymore... which was also his idea.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008