New Skins

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Oct 31, 2004.

1. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Another thing I noticed on Ambience: the Reply and Quote buttons are missing at the bottom of each post. I'm pretty familiar with HTML, and would never touch Front Page or Dreamweaver :D I'll sign up now and take a look. It might be beyond me, but I'd at least like to take a look.

2. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

Oh, and no edit button.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I have all 4 buttons

Delete -- Edit -- Quote+ - Quote

Delete is a Mod only option

but they are all there

Edit will disappear after a time because there is a time restiction on normal members

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I changed your group over at the test site

log in and you should see a link to the admin area next to the "my controls" link at the top

5. Jamesr316

Jamesr316 Full Member

On the test site, same name.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I like the trenZ

May become my new skin.

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Actually, to hit "add reply" it seems like I need to preview the post first :(

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

nevermind, it worked that time... and I got to post whore a bit :D

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

skins schmins...

I honestly don't even know how to change it... and that's not because I'm a retard, it's because I don't care and never bothered to look.
    It's just a bunch of words, right? :p

Now - if I heard there was a skin that had, say, beautiful women striking erotic poses on sparkly lowrider cars wearing furry thongs in a shower of water... then I might look for the option here... but... :lol:

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey chris... I was gonna call you tonight and I looked up and thought it was a bit late. Anyways, my issue IS in the amp. RCAs off and it still did it, took the fues out and it was gone. I'm gonna try to put power back to it, and remove the remote power and see what that does. I figure if it doesn't do it with the remote wire disconnected that it must be an issue on the board. If it does it with the remote wire disconnected I am looking at a power supply cap dumping. Wouldn't you agree?

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

well, the jury is still out on the retard, but... :p

scroll all the way down to the bottom of this page. On the right you will see "empty bottle". Select the skin in that box.

12. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I wouldn't say if it were a cap or something - it could be anything inside there - but the "thump" does sound like DC that really shouldn't be there possibly just slamming the sub out, since it's just a pulse when it happens.

Good idea with the remote wire - what happened with that?

If it is still doing it with the remote wire disconnected, I'd take the amp out, and crack that thing open... it might be something even an non-EE can spot, something visible - something loose, since you say it corresponded to cornering or something a couple times?

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm gonna disconnect that today and see.

Yeah, it is when I corner, or accelerate, but I can hit a bump with no issue :blink: . I tried turning it on and smacking the amp to simulate movement, but nothing. I even tried jarring the amp rack from side to side to no avail. It only seems to occur when I drive the car :ranting:

I'm afraid I will have to pull the amp and tear it down. This isn't really a big deal, and I am sure I will see the issue as long as it is on the board. A supply issue may be differant, but I am sure I could simulate turn on and power, just like a typical high current relay, then hook my scope to output and look for a dump.

Ah well, we shall see. It just sucks with money so tight right now that this would happen. I need other things then to buy a new amp, of course, I also need an excuse to buy a Z1500 (750X2@1 ohm, can we say DUAL Brahmas), and this may just be the excuse I have been looking for.