New Member...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MaddoxBay, Dec 5, 2003.

1. trifle

trifle Full Member

deftonz....i support eD too!!!

:ss:

2. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

layed the smack down huh?
    lol
    come on, the guys on the polk forum arent that bad, are we?
    -Cody

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I don't think so..
    I've been posting over there!

I was particularly impressed that I actually got the Momo's designer and another acoustical engineer to reply on the forum.

As I stated over there..
    That's the sort of thing that you desire from a manufacturer's forum...
    But almost never actually get... which is very cool. B)

Hopefully more guys like you come explore other places too, besides the manufactuerer or product specific forums.
    The benefits like I experienced over there are truly beneficial...
    But they inherently come at the cost of some normally strong bias... that is, people posting on brand-specific forums generally use that brand, whether there's experience with others or not, and many of them simply come for the comfort of the reassurance of "you bought the right thing". ;)

And I'm not speaking of the Polk forum... I haven't spent enough time there to make any judgement of that one in particular... this is simply a typical thing.

And it's also not to say that other forums don't have their own brand-babies or biases...

But all this is why I say I hope to see you and others explore around a bit!

And it's nice to see you here, welcome! :D

4. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

the Polk forum is very biased, but when people havent had experience with another speaker, they say so
    but no one really pushes their amps though...
    most likely b/c theyre so new, ive yet to see/hear one yet
    i havent even heard the new DB series speakers, but their specs hold up for their price, some day ill go to Circuit City and see what theyre like
    im not very pleased with the name though
    or the new momo subs
    the original Polk DB speakers were awesome, they IMHO sound better than the overpriced momos
    they just didnt have a high power handling
    they are better than some of the more expensive (compared to the old DBs)Focal lines
    but i dont think they shouldve called the new speakers DB, confusing for one, and im sure they dont sound nearly as good
    and the new momo subs dont sound nearly as good as the upper line of momo subs, to me, momo was the high end of polk audio, like exceleron is to kenwood, and by putting the momo name on the new speakers, it makes a good name, not be AS good
    clearly they are marketing these subs to the ricer kids
    but i guess i cant blame them for wanting to make money...
    -Cody

5. trifle

trifle Full Member

good to have you here man...and i agree, putting momo on the lower subs is nothing but a sales gimmick, and by paying to have the name and marketing it i doubt you're coming anywhere near getting your money's worth....i haven't heard the newer lower momo's but have heard several installs with the "high-end" momos...

and geo, that's pretty cool that you actually got those guys on there..and it is true, some boards do have brand biases... :blink:

6. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

i think it was safe to say...if you know members wording styles and vocabulary...most of the idiots came from SIN ;)

glad you decided to wander out of club polk Cody...welcome...i have nothing against the polk forum...i have actually hung out for a while...there are some educated individuals there...and some idioys....but every forum has them

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

8. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

theres no real idiots on the Polk forum, i think i know who youre talking about, (jstas?)and he just got pissed b/c ppl were coming into the forum making fun of ppl they shouldnt have been, he really knows his stuff, knows all about cars too
    -Cody