Liftedranger's new system

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by liftedranger08, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

2. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

Thanks Jay. I think my buddy has some brand new 6x8 power bass speakers so ill prolly get them but if not, ill definitely look into these. I got my box all puddyed up and i got my sub holes and port hole primered. I picked up some spray on underliner stuff. Its like rhinolining but a little cheaper. Ima pick up some red paint and start painting thursday because i have to work tomorrow nite. I gota make money for all this. :)

3. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

probly not 150db @32hz

4. liftedranger08

G3, do you think its at 32Hz even after i shortened the port 4.75 inches?

5. liftedranger08

Well i got my box painted. I used herculiner for the box and red rustoleum for the port and sub holes. What yall think?
    [​IMG]

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ooo nice! looks great

7. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

how much was the herculiner and how much did you need? never seen or used that stuff.

8. liftedranger08

I bought a quart and i used it all and it was like $23.00 for the quart.

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

looks really clean now. GOOD WORK!!!

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

thats PURRTY!

11. liftedranger08

Thanks for the compliments. Im hoping to put them back in today. I may go the audio store friday and see if i gained any dbs when i adjusted the port. I think it is tuned a 33.5 Hz now so idk if i gained any or not. If i do, i will let yall no.

12. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

whats your box's volume and port length(down the center), width, and heigth?

13. liftedranger08

5.8 cubic ft after port and speaker displacement, port length is 20 inches, width is 4 inches and depth is 16.5 inches

14. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

you should be right around ~34hz

15. liftedranger08

Well i got the new ED nine.1 amp in today and installed. I love the look of it and its pushing the subs good and the gain its not quite 3/4 up. Its time for a new battery and 0 gauge wiring now. Im ready to put it on the meter again but im note sure if the shop is open tomorrow. I will call and ask tho.

16. jonnyv713

get us a new vid of it!

17. liftedranger08

Not yet, ill try to get yall one tomorrow.

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the NINe.1 is a great amp. I hope your happy with it.

19. liftedranger08

Im very happy with it, but my system just dont sound that much louder than it did with the 600 watt amp. I guess the meter will tell how much louder it is.

20. jonnyv713

adding power wont make much of a difference in db's, unless you are doing it in HUGE incriments. just like adding a sub. its good that you are happy with it though.