Liftedranger's new system

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by liftedranger08, Nov 14, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that's a good price too. I've never heard polks but all of you say they're great too. he should take a look at those too.

2. liftedranger08

liftedranger08 Full Member

I need some 6x8s to fit in my doors because i dont know how to fiberglass and make new door panels and my door speakers are 6x8s. I can prolly fit round ones in but im sure wat sze would fit the best. Ill measure tomorrow and ill let yall know what will fit.

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

6.5's will fit. CC used em in his explorer. u will prolly have to make some adapters out of 1/2" MDF or someting though. they probably make some that you can buy though too. i would just make them.

4. liftedranger08

Well i guess ill go with 6.5s bc i got plenty of stuff to make the adapter rings with. Ive heard power bass is good. What about infinity?

5. jonnyv713

they are good too.

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yup, my expedition takes 6x8's and 6.5's fit just right. all you need is a little MDF to cover up the space that won't be used. pretty easy to do. Since their aren't many 6x8 component sets, i would suggest you go for 6.5's.

7. liftedranger08

I still have a little while before I decide because I wana get my sub amp first then get the door speakers and amp for them.

8. liftedranger08

Are the polk audio db651 6.5" 2 way door speakers any good? They look pretty cool and dont cost that much.

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

polks are very good speakers.

10. liftedranger08

Ok i can get them for like 80 dollars a piece. Is that a good price?

11. liftedranger08

I dont really need comps. I just need some good speakers. I think ima get the polk db651 6.5s. I will keep yall updated on my setup.

12. jonnyv713

when is ure sub amp gonna get to you?

13. liftedranger08

I havent ordered my sub amp yet. Im still waiting on this dude to give me the rest of my money for my other subs. He gave me half, and now he owes me the other half, but i still have the speakers. So hopefully in about 2 weeks i will have it.

14. jonnyv713

oh, where are you buying it from?

15. liftedranger08

The best deal ive found is at www.woofersetc.com. Im getting a crossfire vr1000d. Its rated for around 1200-1300 watts. These subs have 600 rms and 1200 max. Do you recommend another amp?

16. jonnyv713

the amp that azn is selling is one badazz amp! then you could get a NINe.2 to match it for your fronts for way less than the VR1000D. but it seems like a good amp, never really heard em though.

17. liftedranger08

Is he selling the nine.1. Ive heard they are good powerful amps. Would the nine.1 and nine.2 be a better setup then the crossfire 404 and vr1000d.

18. jonnyv713

cheaper! and idk but eD makes a hell of an amp! GREAT customer service too!

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the NINe.4 and NINe.1 would runs rings around the crossfire amps you picked. At 1ohm the eD amp will do about 1500 watts with a good electrical