how long can you drive with a thrown rod?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Slump_Da_Hustla, Dec 28, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

You know I love you... ;)

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well.... Lemme explain.

GM owns alot of Isuzu, and are now slipping silently into bed with Honda (as evident by the Mastertech and Tech II scantools [the first a heavily GM aftermarket scanner, and the second a GM dealership scanner] able to provide proprietory engine data). Now, both the Isuzu Trooper and Honda Passport are the exact same vehicle, all the way down to the GM Map sensors, EGR valves, IAC motors... well, everything computer related. Just like the Isuzu PUP in the early 90s was using a GM 4 cylinder and all engine controlls. Essencially it was an S10 with Isuzu on it

So, somewhat to answer your question. Both are seperate entities, but the Isuzu line of trucks is slowly bleeding into the Honda line, through GM components. I suspect before too long we will see the Isuzu and Honda truck lines becoming the same thing.

3. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

it still does not matter

If you buying a Car based on how well it hold value

well you dont need ot be buying a car

a car is not a Investment for the Furture

A car is a something to get you around, and to have fun with sometimes

ALL CARS lose value, and 60-70% of that lose occurs in the first 5 years........[/b][/quote]
    All I'm saying is that Nissan, Honda, and Toyota make economy cars and family sedans that are worth a little more when you go to trade them in. Don't get me wrong, I love American cars. If I could have any 10 cars I want- all 10 would be american.

Hummer H1 2003
    Buick Grand National (any year)
    Chevy Nova 1969
    Chevy Chevelle SS 1971
    Chevy Impala SS 1965 and 1995
    Cadillac Deville 2003
    GMC yukon denali 2003
    Chevy Corvette 1982
    Chevy Camaro 2002

4. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

My father just sold his rebuilt 71 Chevelle. Now he's working on restoring his '69 Chevelle Malibu SS. B)

5. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing as a Malibu SS. A Malibu is kind of a luxury trim level for the Chevelle, and an SS is the high-performance trim level. Again I could be wrong...

6. zabooza

zabooza Full Member

who the hell knows? The car does say malibu on the sides, and SS under the front of the hood.

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yes there was a malibu SS,

I dont have the Exact Dates with was avaible but it was