Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kustomizingkid, Jan 16, 2007.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

lets start with a simple question(s)

Music style?
    How loud?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I only suggest iso loading to halven the size of the single reflex bandpass enlcosure....screw you viking....right in the butt (not by me of course...but by the dude in the Green Mile lol)

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Well, azn, Ifn i be gettin screwed in the butt, i prefer your mom with a strap on over you.....

But hey, if you got what it takes. let me intfoduce you to a guy amed ab!!!!!

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

What the f-ck??? lol

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well im going to tell you this right now. Sealed is going to be the easiest and smallest to do. Though, a little more complex of an install but would produce more output would be a ported or bandpass box with the port firing into the cabin from a hole cut in the rear deck. Depends on how complicated you want your install to be and how much time you have to spend on doing it. Also depends on if you are willing to cut a hole in your rear deck lol. As far as subs go whats your budget for subs and how much wattage did you want to run.

6. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

I would prolly go with a few 8's back there. That would look pretty cool like 3 8's lined up on that deck.. hell maybe even 4 if you can fit them. As far as speaker choices on 8" drivers... when it comes to 8's I hear a lot of guys love the Digital Designs 8" drivers AkA DD. Also, there is the JL 8w7 of course. And.. the kicker L7 8" And.. Ascendant Audio makes an Assassin driver in 8" form. I would prolly go with the assassins if I was going to make a sealed box and didnt want to have tons of power going to them. The other three drivers want a lot of power per speaker but im sure would produce more output because of it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yeah!!!4 8's with the right box and enough power will rock.

i'm sure i've said this before.had a friend in high school with 4, 8 inch mtx blue thunders in his supra wired into a 1ohm load off of a ppi amp.900 watts is LOUD!!

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

yes pedro.................we all know lol

9. pedro quiroga

yeah it blurred my vision to sit in it.was cool as hell. still is.lol

4 kicker L7 or L5 8's would slam hard too.

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Full Member

The main thing I listen to is rock, loud rock. I also listen to some jazz, techno, and rap.

I don't mind spending a lot of time doing something to my car if it turns out awesome. I just don't want to put all my money into subs because i want everything else to sound good.

11. pedro quiroga

well you can get 2 8 inch kickers for around 90 each online.the best part about them is that they have more cone area than a round 8.so it's like getting a 10.

12. pedro quiroga

you can get a good 500 to 800 watt amp to run those.

13. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

SQ on square subs , IN MY OPINION, isnt the best though they have great output.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin8specs.html

50 bucks each.. only need 0.4 sealed of space. I would run about 300 watts to each one. So depending on how many you want. 3 = 900 watts 4 = 1200 watts. Not hard to get that much wattage at all.

14. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

3 of those AA assassins should be plenty. through like 750-900 watts at em and you are golden for your bass. Since you like a lot of rock they should perform perfect.

15. pedro quiroga

16. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

You mean THROW

17. kustomizingkid

Would just two be fine? I don't mind spending some money, but I want to keep it reasonable.

Are tweeters important to have? Would it be worthwhile to put tweeters in?

So far I'm thinking two subs (those $50 8" ones look very appealing), two 6 by 9's in the rear deck, and I don't know what to do in the front doors.

18. pedro quiroga

take a pic of the speakers in the door.or just measure them if you can.

19. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

will 6x9s fit in that crown vic?

20. kustomizingkid

The rear deck is big, so all I have to do is break out the plasma cutter, body saw, nibbler, grinder or whatever and make the opening big enough. Nothing special with that is there?