Ed/si

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Jun 17, 2004.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Brian, no need to apologize. I understand sometimes tempers flare. It is just my job to keep it cool ;)

There is nothing wrong with a vehement defense of what you believe in. Please, don't ever apologize to me for your opinion, in fact I ask you to express it particularly when it goes against other's opinions... makes for great discussions B)

2. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

[/b][/quote]
    Definately a Small World, i live right outside of Rockford. I drove past Sundstrand yesterday :)

3. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Definately a Small World, i live right outside of Rockford. I drove past Sundstrand yesterday :) [/b][/quote]
    Do you live in one of the towns outside of it? I grew up in Byron.

4. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

BTW, I'm done trying to argue about this stuff. I'll be more than happy to help people with questions about the flat cone subs, and the upcoming equipment. The arguing has gotten stale in a hurry, namely since I've been doing it on 4 different forums. :)

Anyways, this site has had the most intelligent and non-partial arguing I've encountered, and has been a relative pleasure. Thanks all for keeping it clean.

5. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

I agree, but its hard to get facts straight. Like in that thread where the guy said he knew a guy who ordered a bunch of amps from ED and they all came DOA, and it ended up being Regal who ordered and they only blew up after sending them over 17 volts. Thats the kind of crap thaat makes it hard to descern what is Fact.

So here are the facts im sure of:

I own 2 E15k's(2003) and they perform beautifully.... even at well over rated power levels(I have them hooked up to my A7HC) I have heard the flat cone K's the 12A's and the 8A's and they all seemed to work very well, sound great, and the owners have had no problems yet. I understand that this is just my experience, but I figure good experiences are just as important as bad ones in deciding the quality of a product(though we tend to focus on bad).

The numbers posted are disheartening at best. I wish there was some way to prove any of such acccusations one way or the other. I would really like to know if I am a minority in my happyness with my product, or if its just some vendetta that is surfacing that is binging these accusations.

Im smart, Im havin my subs custom made for now on ;)

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I have a friend who bought a cone "E" K driver. It failed 3 times, and he had to pay shipping every time, doubleing the cost of the driver. Finally, he recieved a flat cone driver he listened to for a week before selling it. I thought the old K was a nice driver, but the new flat K sounded like ass.

My personal experiances with Elemental have all resulted in poor outcomes.

Just my $.02.

7. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

Do you live in one of the towns outside of it? I grew up in Byron. [/b][/quote]
    Belvidere :) Or should it be :( ?

I dunno, it's not so bad, I've got a beautiful view of the Daimler-Chrysler Plant. ANd there are a lot of nice Forest Preserves out this way.

8. chadillac3

chadillac3 Full Member

Belvidere :) Or should it be :( ?

I dunno, it's not so bad, I've got a beautiful view of the Daimler-Chrysler Plant. ANd there are a lot of nice Forest Preserves out this way. [/b][/quote]
    Been there more than just a few times in the past couple of years...my wife is from Capron, and went to North Boone.

9. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

im really hungry