Ebay Scammed Me Again!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by _gonz_, Aug 25, 2004.

1. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Michael -> :starwars: <- Ebay

I'm all for locating legit manufacturers blowing out their discontinued gear for dirt cheap in a legal, trustworthy manner! B)

EVERYONE just really NEEDS to be careful on Ebay.
    There is no greater source of scams in the world than Ebay, I'd wager.
    Often, however, it can be easy to tell - or at least trigger your intuition.
    Don't go into an auction that you didn't read with 100% thoroughness, that didn't trigger any potential negatives with your intuition - and if there are any questions - Email the seller before bidding. ;)

2. texcon

texcon Full Member

gonz had a great idea in a PM he sent me - try to get 3-4 replies from an Ebay seller so you can get a better sense of their communication and how they handle themselves with potential customers. I often times read the feedback and see what the negatives are. IMO the sale does not end once the buyers gets his product, but that is basically all feedback ratings are based on - whether someone paid up or someone sent a product, not the after-the-sale portion of the transaction.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

someone finally gets it........ :love:

4. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

Bros,

theres just one big flaw in my logic...

while i've had a fair share of dealings, developed a few good relationships, and have'nt been screwed (yet)....

there is simply no real way to rule someone out as a scammer, because:

a scammer wants to earn your trust, he wants you to email him, so he can "sell you" into his scheme or scam, what have you.

a scammer would'nt likely ignore emails.

A really good scammer will get over on even the best of us. Theres alot of precautions we can take... but we're never totally safe dealing on eBay, or with anyone, anywhere, for that matter.

Ask Geo's friend who spent $24,000.00 at CompUSA for his business computers ... to have *instant* hardware failure, and then be told by customer service to "take a flying leap!"

5. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

point is simple...

Mike wins all arguments regardless of who is correct. He has a rebuttle for everything you can shoot at him ;)

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

what do you mean "regardless of who is correct"

everyone knows I am ALWAYS correct ;) :p

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Unless I get involved and disagree with you... then I am the one who is correct :lmfao: