Does anyone have a clue?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sinistercory, May 2, 2006.

1. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Would you be willing to sell only two of those?

How much?

2. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

2 for 200
    i paid 300 for each just 2 years ago. i can get them shipped for like 40 bucks for for 240 shipped they are sold

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Hmm....nice offer...thanks

I'll get back to you after I pay all my bills and sell my current setup.

I really like those old school W6's. I think they are very underrated. I mean I hooked one up to a 120 volt surge protector to the wall outlet in free air to see how long it would take to burn up. Handled about a little longer than a minute.

The excursion was pretty crazy haha. Oh and this sub was already F'd up a little cuz it was making a whining noise when at low volume.

4. CadillacETC1997

lol no prob man as i said i have had alot of people say yea ill take them for the 300 blah blah blah i hate dreamers if your gonna buy them fine im all for it if not why waiste my time and yours ya kno? lol

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

lol yeah i hear you

I've had people say they'd buy my old schoo RF's and im still waiting...but seriously after I pay these bills i'll get back to you.

What kind of condition are the trim rings in?

6. CadillacETC1997

all are pretty tattered i mean its the biggest weakpoint in the subs hence why jl converted to the rubber after awhile. for their age they are in pretty good shape and sound perfect

7. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Highjackers!:no:

8. CadillacETC1997

i know it sucks but youll live hahaha

9. sinistercory

sinistercory Full Member

Boy has this thread grown.
    I've been busy with the shop and an upcoming competetion this weekend.
    Just to make a few points about what I have read, I am certainly full of my own BS.:lol: But definately have a firm grip on reality. I am 32 years old and have been involved in the car audio scene for some 15 years of it.
    I even competed in IASCA sanctioned events many years ago. (is IASCA still up and running?) Here is a layout of the system I was running.
    Sony mobile ES cd tuner, 2 rane 31 band eq's (converted to dc), 2 orion 225 hcca's both running at 4 ohm stereo, MB quart 6.5 in door and tweeter in kickpanel, no rearfill, 2 custom built atomic subs.
    I had to wait 2 months for the subs because there was no dealer in the area and for some reason every sub was custom built. Very small company back then. But Richard Clark had tested them and claimed to be the best sounding subs he had ever tested. They were good, but no better than my w6's I ended up running a year later.
    The whole car was deadened twice over and very expensive flat wound cables were used extensively.
    I had competed before it was finished, (EQ's still weren't here) and placed second in my class. My RTA looked like a lightening bolt on it's side but the quality of sound and ultra clean install had me only one point behind the winner. I still recieved best of show, and later found out that the winner in my class had actually cheated by using his Audio Control epicenter during the RTA SPL portion of the show. He would have not even placed if it weren't for that.
    I didn't even run the regular spl showdown because I felt it was obscene.
    Now I don't feel that way at all. SPL gets people excited. Let them have their fun. I had a boomer a year ago and quickly scraped it for my current set up.
    but I still will go sit in a customer's vehicle because he wants me to hear how some song rips. It's cool. In that situation, I try to push some mids onto them to at least give it some sort of balance.
    When it comes to power, sure you can make a hell of a good sounding system with modest power. But I still believe the more power the better. Not because of the loud factor, but because of the cleanliness of the sound when the amp is driven low. Plus, unbelievable dynamics. Speaking of which, my partner uses only two 8" resonant engineering subs but has an 1800 watt driving them. Excessive? Hell yeah, but awesome sounding. It's his choice and honestly it ended up being a good one. He also has the same amount of power driving his Bravox components. It really is a pleasure to listen to.
    In a world of bass driven audio systems, we few stand alone.

And to another post, I actually deal U.S.Amps, so I too am one of the proud user of their fine product. Have you tried the tube hybrids? Spendy but very nice sounding indeed.

10. CadillacETC1997

hey you deal US AMPs
    i doubt it but could you get your hands on a DE-1000 or do you deal with refurbishing through US AMPs?

11. sinistercory

sinistercory Full Member

AX 1000de? or is it an older model? I talk to greg at usamps almost daily so I could probably do something for you.