Cutlass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Aug 16, 2008.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

2. pedro quiroga

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

sweet, will these be ok under the seats at all? or will i not hear them?

4. pedro quiroga

which way will they be pointing? up or towards the front?

maybe you can mount them pointing down from under the dash if there is no room for them anywhere else.

5. pedro quiroga

i still think a super simple kick for them can work. just a front panel. no back and screwed down in place to seal the sides and back.

use a piece of cardboard as a template and wedge t in the corner of each foot well. 1/2 in ply or mdf will do. with a grill of corse.

6. jonnyv713

i cant get a kick like that in there. my floor is angled wierd so it wont work. can i make a LITTLE box just big enough to hol the speaker and place it where i can? is a
    irspace a big deal with mids?

also, is 20 feet enough to go from the front to the rear of my car?

lastly, this is a fuse holder sufficient for my application of the three amps right?
    http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KNF-23

7. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

Judging by the specs the 23 looks like the one you need. (thats the one you linked too i think) its interchangeable so it should be good, but your running three amps right?

8. jonnyv713

ya i think i will order the wires and fuses tomorrow.
    is that enough wire though?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  9. Eleu

Eleu Full Member

To be honest it should be more than plenty, its the coupe right? besides you cant have too much ive found, the spare stuff you cut off comes in handy later too! take a tape mesure to the car if you need or look up the bumper to bumper specs. ( i usually look the specs up then add 3-5 feet depending on how many drops and raises)

10. jonnyv713

aright, sounds good. i may buy a few feet of 8 guage to go to the smaller amps too.

11. jonnyv713

im gonna order my wire and dist block. for the 3 amps what size fuses should i get?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

somebody is forgetting on what size fuses to put???? Add up your fuses in the amps and that's the size fuses you'll need for the distribution block

13. jonnyv713

ok, ordered almost 35ft of wire tonight and a 3 way distribution block. Got the wiring all for under 75 dollars. on my way to 4 subs now.

this is what i got.

20ft Silver KLMX 0/1AWG
    3ft Blue KLMX 0/1AWG
    6ft Blue KLMX 8AWG
    4ft Silver KLMX 8AWG
    3-Way Kon-Fused Dist. Block

14. jonnyv713

Lastnight I pulled everything out of the trunk because it is getting to about -20 with the wind and all right now. I am startin to get everything going now. I will buy the amp as soon as i get the money. It will be sometime after Christmas. Sorry G3, I will get those measurements to you tonight. I should get the wire today if my assumptions are correct. KnuKonceptz is only in Ohio which is where Summit is and we usually get stuff from there in about 3-4 days.

Im gonna get some carpet and deadener too so i can have it for when its warmer. Should i just make every thing in the trunk black, or would it look better with the charcoal stuff? Also, what kind of deadening should i look into? I wanna do the whole trunk and probably the floor just where your feet go in the front due to where the exhaust will dump.

I already got 1 or 2 18-wheeler batteries lined up too. They put out about 900 COLD cranking amps, so my dad said they will probably put out 1300 draw amps each, but he wasnt sure. I can get them for $60 each brand-spankin new. Will I need an isolator if I drive the car every day?

15. jonnyv713

got the wires and all. they are pretty cool, haha. Im now in a predicament. should i get the front stage all goin by buying the tweets and mids or should i just go ahead and buy the PS1-5500D? I am leanin towards gettin the amp asap. I think if i decide to, i can get it right after christmas. Then, start the work on the amp.

Lastly, i thought of building the box a couple inches shorter to allow the amps to fit on top and then put 1/2in MDF around them acting like a false floor and run all my wires under there. I think it will make it extra clean looking.

16. jayz85

jayz85 Full Member

so are you still porting through the rear deck?

17. jonnyv713

i dont think so. i think im gonna go wit a traditional ported enclosure.

18. jonnyv713

delete.... nvm

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  19. jonnyv713