Cutlass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

ok, anyone know what the length should be?

2. jonnyv713

hey guys!!!!! i got a problem. i got a burnt tinsel lead on one of my 13kv.2's and its at a spot where i cannot fix it. Someone must have fuzzed wit my knobs on the amp and caused it to clip however i did not notice it until i heard it not being as loud. did i have a warranty on this sub when i bought it at the $50 buyout thing. i know they dont sell them anymore but what can i possibly do?

3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that sucks... have it fixed i guess, try to contact eD or try looking on other forums for some used ones for sale.

4. jonnyv713

i found a brand new one for 70shipped. depending on court tomorrow i may get it and another PA amp for the comps up front.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

court? what did you do now? lol

6. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

Lol, I had court yesterday it sucked. Ohio came out with a new law if you get a ticket and you haven't had your license for 6 months than a parent has to ride with you, almost like having a permit all over again, but I can still drive myself to school, and they made a few other exceptions but it still sucks.

but anyways that's a pretty good deal Jonny I'd get it

7. jonnyv713

i got a ticket for 73 in a 55. i thought the speed limit was 65 and my speedo said i was going that fast but the cop said it was 73 but i think its because of my big tires on the back threw it off a bit and its prolly out of wack being 22 years old. went to "traffic court" and all they did was set up real court date for November 5th... my birthday, how convenient. lol whats confusing is that i am supposed to get my liscence taken till i am 16 but i will be 16 so idk whats gonna happen with that.

8. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

did you get my msg on facebook jon??

9. jonnyv713

ya, i knew thats what you meant but i cant do that and still get the optimal volume for the subs because the trunk steps up and in as you get closer to the front.

10. jonnyv713

11. jonnyv713

that picture is of a cutlass that Ranger did but mine looks identicle

12. jonnyv713

ok guys... here is an update. The 4 12's went in and they just were wayyyy too power hungry to even hit at all. i got a second battery ordered from a semi truck. roughly 1200amps. i havent received it yet but do you think i need a new alternator? i am running 1800RMS on the sub and plan to run another 250 to 300RMS to the fronts. this is what i was looking at if i really need it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-810350/?image=large

13. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

14. jonnyv713

so r u saying that i for sure need one?

15. pedro quiroga

im sure it will help. how big is your alt now?

16. jonnyv713

not for sure. like 80 amps im gonna guess

17. pedro quiroga

really? then you deff need to step it up some more.

2K total right? 1800 on subs. thats going to need a few hundred amps to feed the amp so maybe a good 160~200 amp alt and a good sized batt in the rear to help supply the amperage durning some hard pulls.

or since the batts will be in the trunk a few inexpensive batts will do the trick.

like i've said before, my buddy has a neon with 8k on subs( the IA 21's) and he has cheap no name batts in the trunk running the stock alt. he does charge em before a show and its not his daily driver.

there's a place near me that sells reconditioned batts for like 20 each. if i had a trunk i'd so have me a few to keep my amp/s happy during a run.

its not the voltage as much as the amperage to keep the power up.

18. jonnyv713

what kind of place sells reconditioned batteries? like where should i look?

19. pedro quiroga

the one in town here is a battery/alt repair shop.

a co worker told me he buys their $20 batts every 3 to 4 years. hey for 20 bucks a batt and it lasts 4 years..not bad.

20. jonnyv713

thats a hell of a deal. my dad is workin on getting me a free new battery but i may also buy another one. and i have another alt so i may try to fab up a dual alt system. if not ill see how the battery thing goes and i may just buy a new alt. That reminds me. i need more 0guage!