Cutlass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

i've had phoenix gold speakers and they sound pretty good for what they cost. i like polk audio a lot more tho

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

my only advice is to look for a set of comps that has high sensitivity. something 90db+. so they'll be able to keep up with your subs.

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

so anything with that or higher sensitivity will keep up? only 1 set?

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Hopefully... Just make sure it's also a decent brand.. Not sure if the PG's would be able to keep up. The RSD's are supposed to be good but they only have a 88db sensitivity... I would look for something higher.

How much do ya want to spend?

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

those can get loud it just will take more power to do so. what ever you get make sure the sensitivity matches or are close( if you get 2 diff brands).

remember a 91~92db speaker will be twice as loud as an 88db one. in a low power situation the louder one will work out for you, but if you have an ass ton of power to give em even an 88~89 db speaker will get stupid loud.

6. jonnyv713

7. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

yeah I heard a pair of those JBL's and they sounded great

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

yeah, i've heard the GTO's too. that have really good midbass!

9. jonnyv713

them they is then! haha. hopefully gonna order them tomorrow or saturday.

10. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

sweet!!! I'm still waiting on my Focals.. hopefully in the next few weeks i'll have them. Can't wait to hear them..

Post some vids once you get them.

11. jonnyv713

this will hopefully be the last big spend I will have to do.

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

That's what I always say.. It never ends!!!!

13. jonnyv713

the system might have to come out of this car soon. so i think it will be the last. Lastnight i found a 1996 monte carlo i liked so that may turn into my daily driver if i get it. Then my car will turn into a street fighter! maybe....

14. jonnyv713

took the money out the bank today for the stuff. probably order it tomorrow. and maybe get the wood for the box tomorrow

15. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

hmmm im not a big fan of that model MC, i like the one 83-86 MC and the 2000+ models

16. jonnyv713

i like those too but this car is $2000 and i could prolly get her down to $1500 for it. 137,000mi. gets better MPG than the cutty. I can also drive it in the winter too.

17. jonnyv713

well today me and the girlfriend broke up so i went out and got a sheet of MDF. I plan to work it out where it all counts, on the car. I know im really young but it was just REALLY sudden. I mean she texted me that she wanted to be friends and that was it. After we hungout and acted like everything was ok, it was just really wierd. she wont answer my calls or anything. I think i'll focus on my Lila (my cutlass) and football, and just let it blow over for a few days and give her some space. we will see where it goes.

18. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

wow that sux.sorry to hear. i was there some time ago. it can be tough.

19. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

sorry to hear about the gf man....