Cutlass

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonnyv713, Aug 16, 2008.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

lookin' good there jonny. can't wait to find out how it sounds!

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

me neither! All i gotta do is drill and screw it, and put carpet on it, i alraidy used some little nail/staples to hold it together sorta.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

the enclosures for the mids look good. but couldnt you get a lil bigger speaker in there? and angle it up slightly?

or 2 5.25's for a lil more output than one.

4. jonnyv713

the mids enclosure is temorary, i plan to buy 3 more sets of em and do all 4 in the doorpanel angled up and fiberglassed in. THat will happen this summer.

And, HOLY SHIZA that t-line just about made me ish my pants and my friends! one of them has been into car audio for like 10 years and he even said wow! I personally have never heard a single 12 off that litle of power hit that hard and clean! Thatnks a ton Azn!!! That same guy wants a t-line for his blazer afor 2 12's is there any way you could hook us up azn? again hanks!

5. jonnyv713

Well guys, update:
    As most of you know I fried my amp a while back and now I'm out of bass. Now lastnight, I ordered a planet audio torq1201d that does 900RMS at 1 ohm and 500RMS at 2 ohms.

I think I wanna try it at 2 ohms in he t line until I buy another one. Then the backseat gets replaced with 4 12's!!

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

i didn't know you fried your amp. That sucks!

when are you going to do the 4 12's?

7. jonnyv713

I'm thinkin in about a month.

8. jonnyv713

Double post...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  9. jonnyv713

Got the amp a while ago but I have been busy with alot of work. I love the amp but I wanna hear 2 of them with 450 watts each. So, does someone wanna do a box for 2 13kv.2's? Willing to test anything, I got a huge trunk and I wanna build! LOL. Oh, and I listen to rap so I like lows!
    I'll get you guys pics tomorrow.

10. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i still say a huge box in the trunk and the port in the rear deck. that way you'll still have the back seat.

11. jonnyv713

so a port through the rear deck? i thought we all decided that if i do that. the subs need to be separated from the trunk too.

12. jonnyv713

Sorry, they are a bit large.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. jonnyv713

sounds good. Anyone wanna design one for me?

14. jonnyv713

hey guys as mentioned above. I need someone to design a 4th order to port through the deck. Anyone wanna do it? Azn maybe... I'll get measurements tomorrow.

15. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

jonny... you know who to contact.. He's been pretty busy though lately...

16. jonnyv713

deadening going in the trunk tomorrow. But does anyone know anything about planet audio's bb625c components? Ranger? I would post a link but I am on my iPod.

17. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

which deadening you putting in there? and we def needs some pics/reviews on whatever you put in!

18. jonnyv713

it's the eDead45 had some leftover from a buds car that I did and he said I could have it so I am gonna do some today. It worked well on his car but I got slot more exhaust to take care of.

19. jonnyv713

Update: the sound deadening i put under the exhaust helped out alot. i still got 25sqft to do something with. my exhaust exits before the rear axle and its got headers and only glasspacks on it for mufflers.

next issue i wanna discuss is:
    do u guys think these would sound good?
    http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14039
    or should i get something different? cause along with these i am gonna be purchasing the second Planet Audio amp for the other 2 12's. so, all together it will be 4 12's rattling the trunk.
    what do yall think about Planet Audio Component speakers also? are they worth giving a shot? Actually, now that i think about it, i might go to the shop that deals PA and give em a listen if they have any.