Coil Configs

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by peter_euro, Jan 30, 2004.

1. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

you are a sick, sick man! ban?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Sorry if this seems choppy. The SI guys deserve to have their space, and this intruding on it is just not right. I had to split the topic.

Continue here on the coil cofigurations, and leave the SI thread be what it is

Thanks fellas

3. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, very graceful way of handling this friendly chat... now, can someone delete the fatso pic so I can open this thread at work? :rolleyes:

4. DanWiggins

DanWiggins Full Member

Peter,

If you are really after SQ and want to feel the song, a Shiva with 400W will do it for you - low to mid 130s are well above what's needed. Sell you sub amps, buy a lower power amp, and get some really nice components up front. You'll have great SQ, and plenty of volume for an SQ setup (there is a reason all the major sanctioning bodies cap out SPL scores in the SQ competition at 135 dB). If you insist on using your 2400W of power per driver, you might as well admit that you're really after SPL.

As far as using most of the SPL potential of Brahmas, you'd be within a dB or so of peak. For an SQ-oriented person, that's a non issue. If you really want that last dB, you are in fact an SPL guy. Drop the concept of sealed boxes, go with big vented boxes, and blast it.

Basically, you're asking for max SPL, but keep insisting you are an SQ guy at heart. Which is it?

Dan Wiggins
    Adire Audio

5. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

I need a hug and .1 db :p

Now Dan a street banger wants that 1 db.

A true SPL guy wants that.05 db

I have a wall. 2 15" brahma's.

8 Planet Audio tt1250d's 16 volts

I have koda's in the kicks. Soon to be Extremis in the doors ported for subs.
    All Planet Audio Tube Power and a 31 band stereo eq.

Can anyone tell me what i am aiming at or have i just lost my mind?

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Thank you, that's what I've been trying to communicate to him for weeks! :p

Hopefully, if enough people say it... :lol:

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yes! Let me consult the oracle...

<gazes into crystal ball>

You are venturing towards building a high-end SQ system...
    But something in you can't let go of the past...
    Frustrated that most people can't be impressed by a SQ system...
    Must.... have... boom.... system...
    Oh, the vision is fading... fading...

:no:

8. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

oh no that was the smoke from my cig, sorry i will put it out and read it again

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Oh, I don't know....

Now the oracle is just saying "basshead"...

:p

10. ScottS

ScottS Full Member