Car sub for home system?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ibanezFreak87, Dec 3, 2006.

1. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Yes, i beleive those are the specs to your woofer, double check!!!!!!

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Most prefabs are tuned high, have crappy low freq. extension, and just suck balls.

Build an enclosure...it'd be cooler lol

3. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

So who's gunna tell me what size box I need to build?

4. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

klipschorns are old school....maybe their debut speakers.....They are very efficient (like all of klipsch) and sound awesome.....

Ever heard an M&K home sub?? Very very nice.....SQ is phenominal

Willy

5. TheViking

Give me some time, I should be able to get to it toaday!

6. ibanezFreak87

Thanks Viking - Take your time! lol

I got box pro on the computer at work, All i need to know is what kinda box (sealed or otherwise) and how big it should be. Thanks again!

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

8. pedro quiroga

sorry that last one is for 6 1/2s

9. pedro quiroga

you know talking about this has made me think of doing something with my other 2 polk 12s i have in my closet.

i've got an that power akoustik 2 ch amp.all i need is a good power supply.come tax time i was planning on a few home theater upgrades anyways.

10. ibanezFreak87

Haha, thanks for the sites Pedro!

Not really looking to make this a huge project, just want some bass that wont cut out.

11. pedro quiroga

you know talking about this has made me think of doing something with my other 2 polk 12s i have in my closet.

i've got an that power akoustik 2 ch amp.all i need is a good power supply.come tax time i was planning on a few home theater upgrades anyways.

computer probs..wireless cut out in the middle of posting then posted twice

12. pedro quiroga

those are big ass hell.what do you have now

13. pedro quiroga

i run some cheap sony towers i've had forever for get togethers they do the trick.

14. TheViking

Hey ibanez, A box of about 2 cubic feet would give really good performance if drivern with about 300 watts of power. Has a smooth roll off and should hit the LOW notes with authority. That is sealed of course. Any bigger really wont gain you much in the low end deptartment. Smaller and it gets a little peaky in the upper bass regions.

15. ibanezFreak87