Bump On A Budget

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DatDude08, Mar 30, 2009.

1. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Ok, 34 width and what's the 19? you're going to have to post max height, width and depth. Ranger, Azn and electro are the box experts here. I'm totally lost when it comes to boxes so you may want to shoot them a PM to see if they can help you out.

2. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

No its 34 inches wide and 19 inches deep, max height is 14 inches. That amp you posted will be fine with the kickers right?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok. try to pm either azn, ranger or electro. they are the box designers here.

the amp that i posted is more than enough power for your CVR's. Just be careful with your gain settings though. the amp is 1ohm stable so you should be buying 2 dual voice coil 4ohm subs. you're buying 12's right?

4. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Yeah 12s, but they are dual 2ohm, not dual 4. Is 4 better?

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, dual 2 ohms is even better. it will give you a final load at 2ohms and that would be a perfect match for your CVR's.

the amp i recommended will give you 900 watts RMS at 2ohms and the 2 subs combined is 800 watts RMS so it's a perfect match.

6. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Ok man thanks a ton for your help.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

no problem, that's what we're here for.

8. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Just for the sake of knowledge are the MTX Jackhammer series (JH4512-04) or the MB Quart rwe-302 good?

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I wouldn't buy them. MTX is good but i don't know much about their jackhammer series. MB Quart used to be good for components but i've heard their subs screw up easily.

10. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

I personally think MTX is kinda going downhill with cheaper lookin subs...

11. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

yeah im with you on that one, im not a big fan of mtx either

12. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Ok so I was at a local car audio shop today to get my headunit installed (only $30) and so I asked them about some subs and the guy said the CVRs would be good and they would give a package with 2 12s, monoblock amp, box, and install for $500 which is kinda high, but may be worth it to know its done right. But he recommended some Power Acoustik subs (looked like FUBR 12s, maybe 15s) and he also sampled the bass they had and they sounded good, but I've been reading they aren't good quality, is that the consensus here? With those subs they were gonna do $600 installed w/ box and amp as above.

13. jonnyv713

Those so called "professional" installs aren't always good. You would be surpriced with what you, yourself, can make a system do. I know i was! I have friends with JL subs and 1500watts and my 2 $50 eD subs off a 300watt power acoustik amp is almost as loud!

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

trust me on the CVR's bro. We can help you with the box and the install. do it all yourself. Don't trust local "installers". they are just trying to make a say with the crap that they have in their shop.

15. jonnyv713

The only installer i would trust is Ranger, jus because i know him, and i have seen his work, and he is a part of this forum. Just DIY dude!

16. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

I will. I guess if it gets to where I just can't do it I can just take it to the shop, right? Do you think I could get by with two 10s instead of 12s? Those 2 6x9s give great sound and some nice mellow bass and I am going to put a 4x10 up front in the dash where there is a factory hole for one. I know 12s are more expensive so if I could get some better quality 10s for a similar price should I just go for that?

17. jonnyv713

if i were you, i would just go with those hifonics 12's and a power acoustik amp.

18. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

do they still make 4x10's? lol. why just one speaker? it would have to be sent a mono signal. maybe a pair of 3.5's will fit in there.

19. jonnyv713

they make em, polk had a pair but they quit makin em and all 4x10's suck!!!

20. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Its only one cause thats how it was in 1965 :p. I was thinkin about putting 2 4's in, I'll just have to get a plate made, but thats no big deal cause my friend does machine shop at school.