Big Install Weekend ahead of me.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DaveDSMer, Mar 7, 2007.

1. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well i gathered what strength i had today and did a few things. Got the ground hooked up as well as both distribution blocks. Got most of the wires ran. Only need to install my inline fuses and run speaker wire from the crossovers to the amp. Then, once that is done i can mount my sub and be done.

2. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

I HAVE THAT SAME ONE!!
    its such a pleasure to have..
    i would recomend it any day

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well finally i got everything hooked up. ITs been a rough day though. First the high amp wouldnt come on. Found out my power cable came loose on it and was off. Fixed that. Then my headunit decided to just die and not power back on. I pulled the fuse in the fuse box and put it back in.. bam worked again.. no idea wtf that was about. So now I am still tuning it but I can tell you this. The gains are set very conservative on both amps.. and this truck is louder than I thought by far. I made sure that my box was totally airtight and it made a huge difference. That Kappa Perfect is pounding away. The highs are crisp and the mids are real tight thanks to the baffles. Turn it up and it gets ear piercing loud and I know it can handle more power but I don't need it. So all thats left to do now is hide all my wires and ill take some more pictures once i finish. I can say this though those JBL GTO speakers in the rear really suprised me in how detailed they sounded for being coaxial.. very impressed. The front soundstreams are very strong for their size. You can hear a small gap in the midrange as they are only 4" drivers. I think once i tweak the settings some more I can get rid of it. I can say i hear 0 static or interference. I would say all in all it was a success for a budget SQ set up. My ears hurt though at the moment and so does my head from seeing just how much guts these speakers had.

On a side note: I do notice dimming on full power so I will need to look into that next.

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

great work.cant wait for the pics.

maybe you need that alt you showed us

5. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

Yeah Pedro that would be the easy fix to it. Prolly end up doing that when I am able to get some extra money up.

You should come have a listen to it.

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Good job Dave!!!! Wish i could listen to it!!!

Sounds like you have a very nice sytem!!!

Do a simple upgrade to the big 3 and it should help you out!!!

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  8. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

just stop by Viking ill let you have a listen.