Best Car speakers?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by blakballa21, Jun 6, 2005.

1. jcrew3002

jcrew3002 Full Member

whats so great about infinity kappas?

2. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Who knows.. I ask myself this all the time.. I think the reference sound great, especially considering that they are designed to fill factory mounts, where SQ is never easy to accomplish, yet the kappa's are higher, and the perfects are even more. why? what's the point.. Why do you have to pour thousands of watts into a system that will perform great with hundreds?.. why are some drivers more expensive than others.. aside from the obvious (construction, power handling, company name). If you're careful and know what you want, and are willing to do the research, you can put together a great sounding system for much less than what everyone else does.. Being conservative with your power, and knowing your system's limits will allow you to have great sound, and keep from frying stuff. Patience helps too..

OH, what the hell am I saying...? I like it loud too!:D

3. jcrew3002

jcrew3002 Full Member

what is the diffrence between componant speakers and regular speakers and which one is better?

also whats the diffrence between full range speakers 2 way speakers and 3 way speakers?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Componants are exactly what they are named after...separate components that can be placed wherever you want em.

Full range is a woofer with a tweeter in the middle. Most full ranges are 2 way coaxials.

If you look closely most advertised 3 and 4 way full ranges are really only 2 ways with added on passive tweeters.

5. cool9

cool9 Full Member

You can buy the best speakers in the world but if you don't have the equipment to power them they are useless. Infinity kappas are great speakers but it takes a lot of power to move the cones. The cones are a very thick rigid composite polymer. (They were the first speakers I owned that weren't made from paper and I thought "What is this?".) You need more than 50 W RMS to make them really kick out bass.

I'm looking into MB quartz now. I just bought Infinity 9613i 6x9 (3-way) for the rear and they're powerful but not totally balanced. I have Infinity 4x6 plates (3.25" cone & tweeter) in the front and they scream pretty damn good for plates. I also owned Polk 4x6 plates and they were also amazing.