Awww, How Cute

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by luvdeftonz, Oct 13, 2004.

1. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I got mine in the mail!

Gonna put them together hopefully by this time next week! yay!

2. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

What, you don't like your gmail? :lol:

3. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

lovin' it.... but only at`about 10% used now.... how about you?

Use it mainly for transferring large files.... didnt wanna d/l the google updater for telling me when i have mail, as opposed to using the one included with MSN messenger anyways...

4. AustinKP

AustinKP Full Member

I'm only at 5%. I love the google toolbar. You can set it so when you click on a link to send an email, it automatically opens in gmail instead of outlook express, outlook or whatever.

BTW, i have 4 invites if there is anyone else interested...

5. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

yeah, i've got 6 to give out myself....

6. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Okay, lets get this thing back on track...

Who's got a set of these speakers, and what are you going to use them for?

Oh, and what do you think of how they sound?

Reviews pls!!!

7. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

how well would these work in a car audio app?? thinking about a homemade 3way comp set with these, the extremis, and a tweet??

8. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I'd use the Koda for the midbass... shallower mounting depth, and 4ohms... then again, the CSS 4 is 8ohms...

You could put Kodas in the doors, make ported kicks for the 4"ers, and tweets up top to help, crossed over high.....

At the higher frequencies, the CSS 4 will be quite directional, but it seems good to about 10kHz within +/- 15degrees off-axis

Actually in the 'magic box' that Dan suggests (0.25cuft, 4" x 1.5" long port), the CSS 4's will go down to 60Hz with decent output - so it's possible to just use these and tweets along with a sub...

You're looking into a similar setup to what josh99ta is lookin into in the last few posts in this thread here