Adire Audio

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by explicit6486, Jul 2, 2004.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

c'mon dude... you know that is the truth (at least subjectively to me)... Nothing bold about it, I simply like the Brahma's disapearing nature over the aggressive W7.

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Its quite good at disapearing. I turn the gains up and it still hides itself. :ph34r:

I have to keep opening the trunk to make shure they are still there :lol:

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Mine are quite good at disappearing too...
    My old Brahma 12 is currently hiding in my basement, waiting for me to finish my Pathfinder install... as is my GTi 12", my Better Audio XBL^2 12", my cyclone... :lol:

:(

4. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Bah, i bet you half this beer i'm drinking that my 10w7 ported can be just as transparent as your brahma 12 ported. Sealed, i didn't think that brahma was transparent at all. but thats just my opinion. Not to take anything away from the brahma, as i do respect them and think they are well worthy drivers, but c'mon, we can go at it anyday and i'll stand behind the w7 all the way. So, whatdya say? Half a beer?

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Nah, you backwash... The Brahma is way more transparent.

6. texcon

texcon Full Member

Stupid question - what does it mean for a sub to be "transparent"?

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Music is recorded.
    If all was done properly in the recording process, the recording should sound exactly like the live performance that was being recorded.

Then it comes time to reproduce the recording. Playback time...

The speakers shouldn't add any coloration - ideally, they'd play back exactly what was contained in the recording, at exactly the same relative amplitudes per frequency across the entire musical spectrum, with the same transients, same dynamics...
    Just reproducing what is in the recording.

Of course, every loudspeaker in the world fails to some degree or another. None are perfect.
    Some might have a frequency response that rolls off on the high or low end, or might have some peak somewhere... or when listened to off-axis not produce enough treble, etc.
    Others might make cymbals sound like static or hissing, or have cone breakups that produce harmonic tones that aren't really in the music.
    None of this is desirable, ideally.

Bottom line is - the less the speaker adds any of its own colorations to the mix, the more "transparent" it is said to be.

8. texcon

texcon Full Member

Thanks man - I figured it had to do with how well a speaker reproduces music.

9. explicit6486

explicit6486 Full Member

As of a few minutes ago, I just ordered my 2nd 12" Brahma. I couldn't stand to wait to get my old one it reconed, so I just got a new one... I can't wait until the old one is fixed.. shit is going to BUMP! Oh yea, and that 10w7 can lick deez nuts.

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

"man my subs are Clear dawg"

"that is dope"

:p :p :p :rolleyes:

dont mind me, I am in a wierd mood tonight

11. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Uh oh, Michael go into the cat nip. :lmfao: :p

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio