2 type x enclosure?

Discussion in 'Subwoofer Box and Custom Fabrication' started by kjchillz, Feb 4, 2007.

1. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

Road Trip!!!!:lol:

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

12 miles a gallon...gas money!!!!!

3. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

well design.. building wont be an option cold dweller!

4. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

first of all , I am not too familiar with subs in trucks.. ive only used them in trunks and hatchbacks. So I am not sure which direction the sub should be firing. Forward, Up, or at an angle matching the driver seat. Which is best for acoustics?

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

What kind of truck??

6. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

88 ranger supercab.

7. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well...I've seen subs underneath the rear bench forward firing, up firing, and down firing. Personally I would go with a down firing.

8. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

no the seat is going to just stay inside the side wall. Going to use all the space behind the drivers seat for the sub. So no restrictions on area. I mean.. there is no bench in the back.. its the side jump seats that fold into the wall.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  9. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

great idea!

I turned my extended cab into and ex-extended cab pedro, worked for me!

and what's with the guy who started this thread?
    (what do you guys think about prefab boxes?)
    -um... they suck
    (okay, I'm getting one anyway)

why bother coming here and starting a thread, asking a question, and gettting good professional advice from knowledgeable car audio enthusiasts if you are not going to put that information to good use?

not to mention that a little reading will do you a lot of good here on this site, and I am certain that I have seen this same topic discussed in depth here numerous times, and all with the same diagnosis.

And I hope that you don't go telling your friends that you asked for advice on this website, and that the prefab is what we all came up with.

People are so impulse driven nowadays, they seem to want everything now, and it seems like you can just tell when somebody is wanting to blow daddy's money. Put a little effort into it, man.. do some research and design of your own. You will be much happier with the finished product and you will understand the difference between building a system, and just buying components.

correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the feeling that I get.

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Ok well I though it was a bench seat...possibly front firing sub and side fire port

11. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i've seen and heard both down fireing and up fireing.both sound great.the question now is do you want to show off the subs or not.?

if you do the down fireing maybe you can mount the amps near the port to passively cool them. i did that to my sub amp and it helped a ton.

12. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

there is no port lol.. its a sealed box. I could care less about if the sub shows or not.. just want to the best SQ.

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Oh is this for your Assassin??

14. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

its for the perfect 12.1 my old one. My current box is in rough shape and has leaks so time to make a new home for it.

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Ahh...have you gotten your Assassins yet???

16. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

no.. waiting on the 12.1 to either die or lack output.. so far.. it just keeps on truckin.. 6 years and still going strong. lol I am too practical to throw away a perfectly good sub and refuse to use two different brands of subs in one car.

17. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Why not use it for home stereo use??

18. DaveDSMer

DaveDSMer Full Member

because I have 2 1100 dollar pro-dynamic speaker cabinets on a gemini amp that are in no need of any extra bass output lol.

19. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

ah icic...sounds like enough for me haha