XtremeElectronics Sneak Preview Site

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Mar 1, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

2. bigsexxxy69

bigsexxxy69 Full Member

Does this mean there is no more shop4sound? Damn it where are all the home theater products? :D Looks pretty good.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

s4s is now, and will always be my domain name

I have other though

everythingcaraudio.com
    Caraudiowizard.com
    xtremecaraudioonline.com

and I think a few I forgot about lol

they will all point to thisn new site

4. PerryB

PerryB Guest

Michael,

I think it looks very clean. It is well organized and nice looking. Good job!

5. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Looks great but none of the pictures really show up for me. Perhpas it is just me :unsure:

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

lol that is becasue they dont exisit yet

that is why it is a preview site

you will not see it go live ubntill all the products are added, w. desctiptions and images

which should not take me long once I get my lazy ass going

I am on a fixed schudule now for work with tue and wend off so that will be the days I will be working on my sites the most, bhowever this wend's I have to go to a metting in indianapolis to there goes most of that day :angry:

7. trifle

trifle Full Member

sweet ass!

8. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I like it, my only suggestion would be the actual logo at the top...
    I like that too, but the letters don't stand out well enough, the store name!

Any chance you can apply sort of a "translucent" filter to the images behind the name, to fog them out a little bit, so that the name lettering stands out more?

9. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I agree that the top pciture of the 3 items is a bit on the cheezy side.....show us some alternatives :)

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I will work on that

maybe I should Enlarge it as well???

11. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Get a new image and enlarge it then.....

12. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

No, don't enlarge it... understated is best!

I was just thinking by muting the colors of the background images, the transparent filter (or like pulling a translucent white over it, like if you pulled a piece of tracing paper over a color picture, that effect)...
    Then the lettering would stand out better, and the images in the background would be toned down but still fully visible, just a little muted...

That would work well, the images themselves are good, I think, as a whole.

What did you use to build that, btw, if you don't mind my asking?
    I need a little graphics editing software, I think, for my site too, and your stuff usually looks good, I like how you can merge a bunch of images together like you do.
    B)

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I mainly use Fireworks from macromedia

but I have Photoshop as well so I may use a fuilter or two from there and then move the fireworks for basic stuff :D

Geo I have every program known to man... I probally have over $10K in programs on my computer(did not pay for all of them ofcourse :lol: )

ohh and geo, I really really need to talk to you about web design, I dont know why you guys insist on paying soo much for your stuff

as Seth how much his site cost him??????

ask him how much is costs to host????

I ti DRASICALLY less than what I am "thinking" you guys are paying................

I bet you I can set you up, with everything you need for 1/2 the cost you have alredy spent and proablly have more options

14. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

like this