XBL2, how does it work?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Jul 28, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I thought you guys might be interested. The applicable patents have gone through and Adire is offering a tech paper. There is even a pic of the motor for you to view. As you can see, it is very simple, very basic. There is also an explination of the pair of BL curves, how they actually occur, and how they work together to create the flat "curves". It should help you understand the BL curve that we see associated with the driver.Here is a link for the nitty gritty... and here is the intro link, complete with BL curves.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them as accurately as I can, or I can ask Dan if I am not sure.

2. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I would have questions, but DAMN, Hyre and Wiggins answered more than sufficiently over on CAF...where the thread has turned into a superthread...and one that I've bookmarked for future reference. In fact, I have about 10 different threads from CAF, Termpro, and Carsound involving DW that are bookmarked. Sorry Seth, but the two geniuses from Washington answered any questions I might have had...and I didn't have to ask them the questions directly.

Now if they would only apply this great technology to the Kodas...Koda XBL^2 component set...mmmmmm, yummie :D I believe Dan said they are in the works, but I hope they can release them before RE releases their XBL^2 XXX components (mentioned in CA&E buyer's guide). I think XBL will have a more audible effect (for the good) on comps than a sub, where distortion isn't as easy to detect. Heh, comps that play flat to 50, with a Brahma that plays flat from 50 hz and down. Both more or less free of audible distortion.

:)

3. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

its too bad the ones that are actual good discussions on termpro get deleted... like the HUGE inductance thread.

4. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

its too bad the ones that are actual good discussions on termpro get deleted... like the HUGE inductance thread. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah no kidding........

Iggy used to delete half of my post back in the day....

Jeff