Would this sound any better?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Busted51, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

I went to th audio shop and asked about a dual 15' sub enclosure and they said its way to big to fit in the trunk inless they build it inside of it. So i was thinking instead of paying an extra $50. would putting the back seat down and having 1/2 the box inside the trunk and 1/2 in the actual car or even the entire thing in the car sound any different ? would i be able to have them face forward and still have the same effect. ? BOOMIN BASS down the road ?

2. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

It could sound like dog ass....well i dunno

Hell if your gonna get rid of the back set might as well build a wall

3. Rodny

Rodny Full Member

What kind of car do you have?

4. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

93 dodge spirit.

5. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

why would it sound like crap ? if they have more air to move wont that sound any better ?

6. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Oh boy.......here ya go Rodney...tell him like it is....
    I'm stayin out of this one, lessin i see a serious error!!!!!

7. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

i dunno how to fit a dual 15 inch box unless i maybe take down the back seat and slide it in? any suggestions.?

8. TheViking

OK, here we go...............

Why not just one 15 incher with the ideal box for it and the most power that it can take???? that will kick some ass and rip your face off if done right!!! One 15 incher in the ideal box will kick ass on 2 15 inchers in a crap box with not enough power, every day.....more is not always better....but what do i know, i am old and smell funny........

9. Busted51

Busted51 Full Member

well I can buy the suggested cubic foot per sub box. but it might not fit in the trunk. so my question was does having the box in the trunk compaired to in the cab make any difference ?

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

makes a big difference if the box is actually in the cab and not in the trunk

11. Rodny

Rodny Full Member

D only thing you going 2 move is d back seat!:lol:
    like viking said do 1 sub in d right box it will sound good and look good.:D or you can pay me $500:eek: and I will built it fo you:lol: :lol: Custom baby....custom

but what do i know, i am old and smell funny........

Hey viking is that what I smell:lol:

12. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Yes...that is the smell of hooker and beer

13. Rodny

Rodny Full Member

D only thing you going 2 move is d back seat!:lol:
    like viking said do 1 sub in d right box it will sound good and look good.:D or you can pay me $500:eek: and I will built it fo you:lol: :lol: Custom baby....custom

but what do i know, i am old and smell funny........

Hey viking is that what I smell:lol:

14. Rodny

Rodny Full Member

SORRY:D 2 times

15. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

happens to all of us lol

16. TheViking

kind of odd how the odor travels through the net aint it??? Here, smell my finger!!!!!