Would this combo be right?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jacobc420, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jacobc420

jacobc420 New Member

Ok well to start of my knowledge in the field of car stereo systems is very basic if that. Awhile back I decided I was going to go ahead and get me a couple subs but I decided not to until I got better advice. I have some stuff picked out and I was wanting to know what everyone here thought and if it would work. I'm wanting 2- 15" Volfenhag ZX4715DVX Subs...the amp I thought might work is a Volfenhag ZX-5004. I will list what specs I have below.

Subs(The following specs are for just one sub)
    Brand: Volfenhag ZX4715DVX
    Size: 15"
    Max Power: 1200 Watts
    RMS: 600 Watts
    Dual 4Ohm Voice Coil
    Frequency Response: 18Hz-75,000Hz
    (from here on down I'm Completly lost and just listing it as it says)
    QTS:67
    QES:80
    QMS:3.97
    VAS:4.6 cu. ft.
    SD:.0491 m
    SPL:86.7dB 1W/1M
    XMax:16mm
    Amp
    Brand: Volfenhag ZX-5004
    Max Power output 1240 Watts
    4 channel
    2 Ohm stable in stereo mode
    (there are other features but I didn't find the relevant if needed will post them)
    Just tell me if you think it would be a good combo Thanks!

2. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

check the information that you gave about speakers....something is not right. is there a web site for them?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

that brand isn't that good...how much money do you want to spend on subs??? an amp?? box???

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yeah.it's more like volfencrap.

i knew a guy that had a 15involfen...and it did hit hard as hell.even harder than my 2 12's at the time.

only thing was it didnt last the weekend.2 days and all he had was a cheap pioneer amp with like 300 watts.

he traded it in and then a week later it too died.after that he couldent get a trade or his moneyback.

they are cheap crap and not worth a damn.

there are way better inexpencive subs out there.amps too.

dont be fooled by "4000 watts" and you pay 135.00 for it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  5. soufeyez812

soufeyez812 New Member

Yea I had 2 15" volfenhag subwoofers they hit hard as hell but only lasted a month or so....