Work van: A little help please

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by JeffH, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JeffH

JeffH New Member

I have a Chevy Express 2500 that I use for work. I bought this basically stock (no cdp). Well, Man O Man I'm I dying without my tunes. Anyway I really want to spend less than $500.00 on the complete install. I want a single cd player. I'm kinda looking at the Alpine CDA-9856 or CDE-9852 players (although I don't need ipod hookup). Speakers upgrade would be nice, but I don't have a clue to whether it would be noticable without spending buku bucks. I do have a partition between cab and cargo area that I've dampened a little so the sound does not sound so echo like. Anyway, your help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I have never even SEEN one of those vans!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!

A good quality cd player for about 150 bucks of your choice
    a pair of speakers in the front (dont know what it takes) 100 bucks
    a 200 watt amp about 100 bucks
    and say a small 10 or 12 inch sub in a prefabbox100 bucks

that should put you in budget, with enough left over for the wiring and such

I am talking mid line simple system....nothing esoteric or high dollar, just basic and something that makes a good sound to listen too while you drive the van to deliver whatever it is you deliver

3. DREAMZmustang

DREAMZmustang Full Member

There Chevy full size vans man there everywhere, well anyway, I think you should buy the alpine and amplify the stock speakers cause theres no need for subs or anything because if you play the music loud enough in the van with a box, it will sound like your inside the box because there is so much room especially wit out any interior pieces so it will feel like your at a concert, that is why most people use empty vans for SPL comps because there is so much acoustics.
    so all you got to do is buy a head unit and a small 50 watt amp and that should do you real good
    and it will cost you about $200