wondering if theese would work good together

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by speedracer008, Jun 18, 2008.

1. speedracer008

speedracer008 Full Member

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

that would work. the power acoustik amp is a 2 channel a/b class amp though. but you could wire that sub to 4ohms and bridge it off the amp.

I would suggest though that you try to find a D class monoblock amp.

3. speedracer008

how would i have to wire it?

4. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

the sub you chose is a 2 ohm sub. the amp you chose is only stable into a 4ohm mono load.

5. speedracer008

so what do i need the spec's to say when im looking for an amp

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

go for 1 ohm stable so if you want to add another sub later your amp will handle it. Look at Hifonics for good amps that are 1 ohm stable.

7. speedracer008

can you pick one out for me to look at

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

crunch amps too. they are also 1 ohm stable as well.

speed whats your budget?

9. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

10. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Crunch and Hifonics are made by the same company. Crunch is the lower end but still put out good power and will save you some bucks. I have 1 12 inch
    L7 sub but m ine is dual 2 ohm. Look for soimething that will put out about 1200 to 1500 watts. Hifonics 1608d would be a nice amp for that sub.

11. speedracer008

both of thoes hifonix that he just posted are pushing like 1200 and 1500 at 1ohm...do i really need that much?

12. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I just assumed you wanted that kind of wattage cuz the amp you picker was 900watts bridged.

Take note, you don't have to run the amp at 1ohm. you could always just do it at a 2ohm load if 1ohm is too much for you.

what kind of wattage are you looking for?

13. speedracer008

well that subs rms is 600..so i figured around 900 would still make it pound without going too overboard..i mean..its going to be in my ranger extended cab

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I just assumed you wanted that kind of wattage cuz the amp you picked was 900watts bridged.

Take note, you don't have to run the amp at 1ohm. you could always just do it at a 2ohm load if 1ohm is too much for you.

what kind of wattage are you looking for?

15. speedracer008

that sub said the impedance was 2 ohms..what does that mean? and they also have that sub in oen that has 4 ohms impedance

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

how many subs do you plan on buying?

17. speedracer008

just one..kicker L5

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

they sell subs with different impedance cuz the have to be to the customers liking. If your goal is to have a final load of 1ohm and you want to do that with 2 subs then you would want to buy 2 dual voice coil 4ohm subs.

Here, you can play with this and it will show you how to get a final impedance load.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Just select the number of subs and chose whether they are DVC or SVC then hit the view wiring options button and it will show you.

19. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok, 1 12" KICKER L5. that sub is 600watts rms.

Here are your options if you buy 1 2ohm DVC L5:

In this option you either want to find an amp that will put out at least 600watts RMS at either 1ohm load or a 4 ohm load

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  20. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Here are your options if you buy 1 4ohm DVC L5:

In this option you would want to find an amp that would put out at least 600watts RMS at a 2ohm load. don't even bother with the 8ohm load.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008