wiring Two subs to Sony Amp

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by zacharoni16, Jul 17, 2011.

1. zacharoni16

zacharoni16 New Member

I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to wire two 10 inch sony xplod subs to a Sony GTX6040 Amp, I wanna do it for maximum power output I realize that the amp will only send about 145 watts RMS to each sub (rated 300 W) but its the best that I can work with for now until I get more money

Right now I have the subs wired like this:

[​IMG]

It doesn't seem right to me, it saids the amp is bridgeable which I dont know if it's internally bridging the subs this way or not? because it is saying the subs are 2 ohms in the diagram, which they are 4 ohms a piece.

This amp is a 4 channel amp by the way

2. kostyam69

kostyam69 Full Member

first man, using a 4 channel amp to power subs is NOT the best idea, but i understand that you have to work with what you got.... so.... first off what you need to do is figure out if your subs are SINGLE voice coil or DOUBLE, which will determine how you wire them. heres a link which will help you wire your subs, just use the drop down menus in the right middle/upper corner of that page to choose the subs and the voice coil amount http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp.
    after you have selected the sub wiring wire the positive wire you have the subs bridges with to the (+) of channel 1, and the negative wire to the (-) of channel 2. theres a HUGE chance that your amp will be cutting off ALL the time due to lack of power unless you are using some very crappy subs (no offense)

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

and how did you come up with that notion? 1ch 2 ch or even 6ch...its the impedance load to the amp that will determine weather or not the amp will function properly.

i've used my 4ch amp to power my mids/highs and subs. over 10 speakers at once. it helps that i know how to wire an amp and that it is stable to the load it was wired to.