wiring Q?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PORTnPOLISH97, Apr 1, 2006.

1. PORTnPOLISH97

PORTnPOLISH97 Full Member

I have a kicker comp10 with a mrv f340 v12 amp. My Q is should I bridge it from the amp or no.

2. 1wykdmk8

1wykdmk8 Adminstigator

Comp V, comp VR or what? If it is the dual voice coil I would say yes. Since the amp bridged only puts out like 130wx2.

3. PORTnPOLISH97

Ok I have a comp 10 svc 4 ohm sub with a alpine mrv f340. I have got the sub bridged between 1 and 2 and I seems like the sub isnt being pushed at low volume. But when I turn it up it really strts to work but not until the rest of the speakers get distorted. also when I un plug one of the audio cables it still works fine. I think I messed up somewhere. This is the first time I installed a sub so if some one could help it would be nice.

4. BOOMINJEEP420

BOOMINJEEP420 Full Member

do you know how to tune your amp (that is what sounds like you have done wrong to me) turn your gain up some and your bass boost up some (DONT LET IT GET DISTORTED, DISTORTION RUIS A SPEAKER FASTER THAN ANYTHING!) just play with some settings including the crossovers untill it gets as loud as you can stand it or until right before it starts distorting

5. PORTnPOLISH97

The onlt two option I have is gain and crossover. I have the gain on max and it seems like the crossover dont do any thing. The sub dont get distorted it the other speakers. It seem slike the sub isnt kicking in until I turn it up alot.