wiring issue

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by gunnerman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

i recently installed an alpine 9886 headunit in a 95 integra and wanted to add an Imprint audio sound processor (pxa-h100) to handle all the fine tuning. I've heard nothing but great things about.

I wired everything up using line taps for the power on the Imprint. I'm not getting signal from it which makes me wonder if i should have wired it not using the line taps. For ground I tapped into the ground on the HU. I was going to use a screw inside the console but for some odd reason there wasn't an adequate place to do so.

Any thoughts?

2. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

basically i'm not getting any sound out of the system.

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

do you have RCA's hooked into it?

4. jonnyv713

my bad, do you have that bigger wire plugged directly into the back of the HU, then RCA's going to your amps out of the processor?
    it says the mic kit is also nessecary, but idk what this means.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  5. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

yea...i have it all hooked it up and i dont get sound. I'm thinking IMPRINT isn't getting power since I used line wire taps. Everything was installed per the instructions

6. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

I bought the sound manager (mic) kit too. When I hook up the processor to my laptop it says "communication error".

anyone install one of these before?

7. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

does it come with a fuseable link? if so check the fuse.

if not then re check your taps

8. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

everything works...just got off the phone with alpine..apparently it doesn't work with vista...**** me off...they dont even have a software upgrade or patch available...what's up with that!@!

9. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ouch!.....

10. jonnyv713

that's uffed up man! You got it workin tho?

11. gunnerman

gunnerman Full Member

well..not really the whole point of buying imprint is to have the software tune the system. So I do get sound but now i feel as if i wasted money. Hopefully I can trouble shoot some more when i have time.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009