Wire/Stormguard Install

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Snausages01, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I thought some of you may be interested in seeing some pictures of the Stormguard. So the pictures are of Storumguard and wire installed in an 02 F-150. I have more pictures of the install process, but I havent gotten that roll developed, once I get them developed I will post them.

Pictures :D

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

How do you find the adhesion is?
    I have heard some brands are pretty adhesion-free (not good!)...
    How did you stick it down, just the stock adhesive? ...plus heat? ...plus contact adhesive? etc..

3. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I found that this stuff sticks great. Its not comming up. I just used a propane torch to heat it up and then stick it down. First I heated up the sticky side and got all the 'worm tracks' out then stuck it down. Then I heated up the other side, and got the 'worm tracks' out on that side one it was pressed down. Once it sticks its pretty stuck. I was just leaning on one part of it that I didnt even heat up yet and when i pulled it off it pulled up some solder that was stuck on the bottom of the truck.

So this stuff sticks pretty well and just heating it up helps it out some. My brother in law has had it in his S-10 for two years now and has never had a problem with it comming off or antyhing. The only place I think I'm not going to use it is on the roof I think it may work, but I dont want to risk it sagging down so I'm going to use something else.

But the Stormguard works pretty well my road noise has greatly been reduced.

4. cab

cab Full Member

Sweet. One day, I'm gonna rip out all my carpet/seats and use that stuff on my floor, as well as replace my RCAs and rerun all my wires. It'll be time consuming, that's why I'm putting it off. :D